Gibson Brands Forums

es 175 1988

zeppe1983

http://imageshack.us/g/31/body3yn.jpg/

Hi, can you suggest me your opinion about this es 175 of 1988?

the year...is good or bad for these guitars? thanks a lot, your opinion is very important!

there is a link where you can see some photos of the guitar

all the best

The guitar looks really good. I love the top. The ES175 has always been very popular as a jazz guitar. I'm not sure about a 1988 version but my own view is that there are pretty much great guitars from all years. My strong advice is that you would have to play it to know how it sounds.

I own one as per photo below:-

a2cbce85.png

This one looks well taken care of. The one pick that shows the side of the neck binding shows no cracking at the fret ends. Very nice.

Beautiful finish color and a double pickup configuration. Very nice.

Is the price where you want it?

dettmanico.jpg. . dettaglio.jpg

price 2000 euros, i think it's very good no?

This one looks well taken care of. The one pick that shows the side of the neck binding shows no cracking at the fret ends. Very nice.

Beautiful finish color and a double pickup configuration. Very nice.

Is the price where you want it?

dettmanico.jpg. . dettaglio.jpg

price 2000 euros, i think it's very good no?

Sorry, I'm in the US and have no idea how the Euro market is. In USD that's about $2,828, which would be an okay price for a ES175 double pup, and add to that the apparent great condition of this one and beautiful finish, actually a decent price.

I would assume by the paint you mean the finish of the guitar? For the price I would jump on it. Is it near you where you could see it in person before you hand over the money? If not in Europe then make sure that the guitar is packed and shipped PROPERLY if it has to cross the big pond! jim

IS IT NORMAL THAT THE BACK TOP IS NOT SUNBURST?

Yes. I got one from the very same year, All ES175 made between 1983-1990 have mahogany back and sides.

Don't hesitate to buy this guitar. 2000 euros for such a beauty is bargain in Europe.

yes i know, i have buy this guitar this afternoon and now i'm very happy because the sound is very beautiful and i think that 2000 is a very very bargain. thanks a lot.

bye

Yes. I got one from the very same year, All ES175 made between 1983-1990 have mahogany back and sides.

Don't hesitate to buy this guitar. 2000 euros for such a beauty is bargain in Europe.

So you DID buy this 175 I would hope? DON'T overthink this purchase! Just play it and enjoy it.......what kind/gauge strings did you put on it? jimbo

i have bought d'addario half round 011/048...but on guitar now there are 011 round strings..i like also the complete round msp_thumbup.gif

i have the pickguard that give some vibrations...how can i eliminate these rumors? expecially in the part where unsure.gifpickguard touch the bridge pickup....

Stefano,

Try some of the Thomasik Bebops gauges 11-50. I bet that you will fall in love with them on the 175! jim

• 2 weeks later...

"i have the pickguard that give some vibrations...how can i eliminate these rumors? expecially in the part where Posted Imagepickguard touch the bridge pickup...."

Just turn up your amp more to make resonance. I have never heard any horror stories about this era of ES-175s, the pix are beautiful I hope you enjoy the instrument in the fullest way imaginable!

Archived