Gibson Brands Forums

2010 Limited

RedSkwirrell

I saw a lot of images of this guitar's finish before I bought it.

They just don't match how it really looks.

So, for months I've been trying to capture the actual finish of this thing.

Finally managed it after four hours of trial and error yesterday afternoon.

A new digital camera swungt it as it means I don't pay for endless mistakes anymore.

Using the case stopped the light bouncing around so much.

It's lit with a combination of natural and flash, but this is as-near-as-dammit how the finish really looks.

Much less yellow and more fiery than the official snaps.

2010-A-1.jpg

It plays and sounds just as amazing as it looks.

Feels much better and smoother than my 1990 Standard.

Haven't really used it as it should be yet, although I have gone over the top playing around with different tunings.

Note the "Newcastle Brown" tupenny straplox in situ which I prefer to the real deal that comes with the guitar.

[edit: Needs a clean.., sue me!]

Thanks guys.

I haven't used the chameleiod stuff at all.

Just been using it as a 'normal' Les Paul so far and enjoying the sound of the 'standard' pick-ups.

I do use the robot tuners.

I can understand criticism of the chamelion tech. but not the robot tuning, which I've been more impressed with than I thought I would be.

It's incredibly accurate and, because they're so quick and easy, they encourage me to delve in the world of open tunings as well.

I will get around to trying the chamelion tones but I like it's natural sound as well.

They're just an optional add-on for me.

If they're good I may use them, but I'm happy without.

One other thing I'd mention about it and I don't know if others have found this, the strings have not faded at all.

They still sound really bright after half a year's heavy use.

I've tried hundreds of Les Pauls over t last twenty years and this one feels like I always imagined a Les Paul would and should.

I like the heavy weight of a Les Paul but I must admit, the chambered guitar gives a feeling of freedom of movement (and it hasn't affected the sustain).

It's natural tone is smooth and sweet.

I haven't had it up to gig volume but I'm so looking forward to doing it that I may put it off a while yet, just to enjoy the anticipation a bit longer.

[love]

• 3 months later...

When I found out about the limited 2010 I stared looking for one for sale . I could not find one I even called Gibson they told me they made 400 and that was it. I contacted American Musical Supply and told them I would by one from them if they could get one from Gibson it took a couple of montyhs but they said they did some arm twisting and for $ 3600. I could have one. This instrurment is mind blowing work of art. I would not take a extra set of nuts for it. Yes it is better than sex!!!

• 4 months later...

When I found out about the limited 2010 I stared looking for one for sale . I could not find one I even called Gibson they told me they made 400 and that was it. I contacted American Musical Supply and told them I would by one from them if they could get one from Gibson it took a couple of montyhs but they said they did some arm twisting and for $ 3600. I could have one. This instrurment is mind blowing work of art. I would not take a extra set of nuts for it. Yes it is better than sex!!!

LOL

Nice and congrat's on your acquisition.

I thought they were still available, even as a limited run.

Strange to think they're hard to get hold of already.

Archived