Gibson Brands Forums

Betcha havent done this !!

mikekefr

The only thing kept me feeling safe during any pyro stuff was the fact we did so many practice shoots,getting just the right amount of powder so to know what to expect during the show,i only shot the "guitar mortar" once "live" but we always had charges on stage <outdoor gigs> and knew EXACTLY when they were to go off.The gf's and wives always got a little nervous cuz the lightman was in charge of our safety seeing he held the trigger to the charges and the flame bar spanning the stage's front.On the video i posted of the Godsmack cover,im shakin my head during the intro cuz the drunk chick prancin up close to the flame bar was told numerous times to stay away from the flames.The first time we tried a mortar was in my driveway and we hadnt perfected the "fuse" yet,we had ran a fuse into the pipe attatched to the mortars fuse,one fuse to launch,one fuse to blow,so we hit the "fire" button and the mortar jumped out of the pipe and started smokin on the ground in front of us lol,about 10 people all turned and ran seperate ways lol.Noone was hurt,thank god,we then drilled a hole in the bottom of each pipe and ran the fuse that way.No more mishaps.

Archived