Gibson Brands Forums

Vibramate type thing for Lyre/Maestro vibrato?

GottaBeGibson

I've been considering throwing a Bigsby B5 on my SG Classic, with use of a Vibramate. But I like the look of the Lyre/Maestro vibrato so much better than a Bigsby on an SG. It got me thinking - wouldn't it be cool if someone created a Vibramate-style mounting bracket for adding a Lyre easily to an SG that currently has a stop-bar? If someone makes one already please tell me about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on the vibramate facebook page:

315674_251891828199621_127312340657571_649817_432413517_n.jpg

someone commented about the maestro cover extending back past the body of the guitar...is this possibly the result of fitting it on an epiphone G-400 custom (1961 les paul custom style)?

not sure if I could go for such an overhang if that's how it's going to fit on a gibson...

someone commented about the maestro cover extending back past the body of the guitar...is this possibly the result of fitting it on an epiphone G-400 custom (1961 les paul custom style)?

not sure if I could go for such an overhang if that's how it's going to fit on a gibson...

If they ever actually release this thing, and it looks like that picture you posted, with it hanging off the end, I'll take a pass on it.

Archived