Gibson Brands Forums

My Pignose guitar came back after 3 years away

Rabs

qSo today I got a suprise delivery.. Basiclly I started sort of seeing this lady a few years ago, she wanted to learn to play so I lent her my little Pigonose.. Id kind of written it off as we lost touch.. But she got in contact and sadi shed send it back to me.... I know its probably not exciting to most of you.. But I LOVE this little guitar and bought it about 15 years ago now (its my oldest electric). It was one of the things that helped me get back into playing many years ago when I had stopped for a few years as id leave it by my chair and play it while watching TV or something..

Its 22 frets,24.25 inch scale length, maple neck, rosewood board, with a built in speaker, headphone and standard jack socket and I cant tell you how amazing this little guitar is (for what it is).. The action is low and the neck feels great (and im fussy with necks)and as you turn it up it starts to distort and even feeds back like no other guitar ive ever played (with the built in speaker).. I will have to do a vid of it to show you.. you will be shocked how cool this little thing is.

I would actually play this on stage, thats how good it is :) (theres just something very fun about it)

So yeah, I just thought id share that cos I cant wait to get some new strings on it (and give it a good clean, who knows where its been and whos played it) and give it a good ol jam out...

(its just nice to have some positive news for once ;))

DSC01936_zps3ddef2bc.jpg

DSC01940_zpse1e53e0d.jpg

nice board on it (needs a clean)

DSC01939_zps34996ee9.jpg

nice low action (even though this pic doesnt really show that well)

DSC01945_zps68bfc297.jpg

And just to show the size properly

DSC01942_zps563ccd30.jpg

Glad you got it back... When I read the title I thought it was a Pignose Amplifier... I didn't even know they made guitars...

Cheers :)

And yeah as far as I know they only make these travel guitars.. just two different types, this one and a custom type with binding and stuff :)

If you ever see one I advise you too try it ;)

That's about the craziest damn thing I have seen in a while.

Like Dave, I have only ever heard of the amps.

I had to google that..lol found this little review.

Though you might get a kick out of it.

Congrats on getting it back.

That's about the craziest damn thing I have seen in a while.

Like Dave, I have only ever heard of the amps.

I had to google that..lol found this little review.

Though you might get a kick out of it.

Congrats on getting it back.

HAHA cheers for that.. ive never tried to play music through it.. I will have to try that now :)

I know another secret of this guitar.. as he says the battery lasts for ages.. even up to a year with moderate use.. BUT whats really cool is when the battery starts to go, the distortion turns into a fuzz and it sounds amazing.. Reminds me of that kind of knarly sound that Ike Turner got in Nutbush City Limits.. love it :)

Archived