Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'buttons'.
I always like tinkering around and I needed a decent set of era correct tuners for my 1942 LG-1. I found one set that was missing one gear and shaft and needs the buttons replaced. I started scanning the net for information about these era tuners. Willi has a great post over on UMGF https://umgf.com/chronology-of-kluson-tuners-used-from-late-1936-to-t197854.htm After shopping around I noticed the slotted head tuners from that era were more available and they looked the same except for the string hole in the shaft. I picked up a set that looked in decent shape to try out. Here's some photos. I bought brass bar stock to size and a special tap for the screw holes. Made the shafts to match an original one then did an aging on the brass, replaced the buttons then assembled them. I'll do a few more sets to get better at it. I followed Dan Erlewine's instructions on the buttons but I'm not totally happy with the results. I'll make some kind of jig then redo them. .