Gibson Brands Forums

What guitar is Mr. Gilmour using for the solo?

pippy

Is that 'the guitar' that was used on the solo of Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2? WOW proof in the pudding!

No. That's Snowy White with his own 1957 Gold Top which he's owned since '68.

He's played on many Pink Floyd albums since way back in the days of 'Animals' and is Roger Waters' regular #1 choice as guitarist when he does his tours - such as the 'Dark Side' tour from 2007 and more recently the latest 'The Wall' shows.

P.

No. That's Snowy White with his own 1957 Gold Top which he's owned since '68.

He's played on many Pink Floyd albums since way back in the days of 'Animals' and is Roger Waters' regular #1 choice as guitarist when he does his tours - such as the 'Dark Side' tour from 2007 and more recently the latest 'The Wall' shows.

P.

You gonna reveal what guitar was used on the solo of Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2 or keep it a secret?

I think I know what it was ... and it wasn't a fender ...

Well since he is known as a Strat guy I guessed it had to be something different or you wouldn't be bringing it up as an unusual fact, and thought perhaps I could hear what it was - but with effects and amp simulators and such I supposed it could have been anything. But while I may have thought it was a LP, I certainly had no idea of the vintage or pups he was using.

You gonna reveal what guitar was used on the solo of Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2 or keep it a secret?

:huh:

But there's no secret, Sgt. The answer is included in the very first post! Sorry if I didn't make it too clear.

Half way down there is a link to Mr. Gilmour's wiki entry and I tell everyone where, exactly, to look.

In fact, in post #9 Bence has posted a clip which (probably) shows the actual guitar he used.

Anyway; to make things even easier, here's the relevant quote;

"One of his popular guitar solos (Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2) was played on a 1955 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top guitar equipped with P-90 pick-ups."

P.

Archived