Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vestapol

BluesHawk Club

On 2/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, NighthawkChris said:

Here's my Nighthawks. Left to right:

• 1993 Vintage Sunburst SP3
  • 1997 Fireburst ST3 w/ Schaller (Floyd) Tremolo and locking nut like a Floyd...?
  • 1996 Fireburst CST3
  • 1994 Fireburst CST3

CXfEdUz.jpg

Gorgeous collection, Chris. Please send me the one on the right.

Doug

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:46 AM, Vestapol said:

Gorgeous collection, Chris. Please send me the one on the right.

Doug

Thank you very much for the compliment!  And to answer the question about the NH with the Schaller tremolo, the nut locks like a Floyd rose trem would.  It's nearly identical to a licensed FR trem.  Either way, it's original to this guitar.  Works very well and sounds great. 

• Like 1

I am now a proud owner of both a Nighthawk and as of today, a Blueshawk. Never heard of the models before but I must say, I am loving them so far. The Nighthawk is a little more beat up, being the older of the two and has obviously been used and loved way more. Posted these pics elsewhere (with standard apologies for the low quality of them) but here my two are:

Rt6ngcu.jpg?1

zh1tHyH.jpg

Also, I am looking for info on resources on exactly what the various knobs and switches do on the Blueshawk - beyond the obvious! Mine didn't come with an owner's manual so I am a little in the dark.

Edited by Filbert
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Filbert said:

I am now a proud owner of both a Nighthawk and as of today, a Blueshawk. Never heard of the models before but I must say, I am loving them so far. The Nighthawk is a little more beat up, being the older of the two and has obviously been used and loved way more. Posted these pics elsewhere (with standard apologies for the low quality of them) but here my two are:

Also, I am looking for info on resources on exactly what the various knobs and switches do on the Blueshawk - beyond the obvious! Mine didn't come with an owner's manual so I am a little in the dark.

Nice collection.. Note on the Blues Hawk if you pull up on the Master Tone control it defeats the rotary VariTone switch.. So you can have the VariTone set on a filter you like, you can go back and forth by lifting or pushing down on the Tone knob.

N_050115C1.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

On 4/3/2016 at 8:26 AM, Blueshawk said:

For all Blueshawk-Lovers. The blueshawk.info site is shut down since a few months - why I don't know, but the guy who made it was sick as far as I know. Maybe he couldn't handle it any longer, but I hope he's alright.

Anyways, I found a site where you can look at the homepage as PDF.

Click here -> My link

As I wrote a few years ago - here's the link for some info.

Greets Blueshawk 

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for the info all of you, very interesting! I find position 2 to be the 'best' sounding, at least to me anyway; it cuts a little of the top end off so it doesn't sound too shrill or trebly but overall, a very subtle effect.

• Like 1

I've installed new pickups on mine a few weeks ago, after I wanted more output but still the clear tones of the Blues90. I ordered a set of the Oripure Alnico 5 P90s (for about 60$ incl shipping @  amazon). They have alnico slugs, like tve Blues90 but more output. I disengaged the dummycoil, so they have more sparkle. I couldn't be happier now. 

Here are some pics: https://www.musiker-board.de/threads/infos-zu-oripure-pickups-spez-alnico-p90.695261/#post-8829975

Greetings from Austria 

Edited by Blueshawk
  • Like 1

Here a Soundsample of the Oripure Alnico P90 pickups:

Sorry for the sloppy playing - this was the 2nd time I played that song... 🤪

Recorded with my cellphone.

Edited by Blueshawk
  • Like 2

I wish Gibson would re-introduce the Blues Hawk, specially upgraded with standard Gibson P90s. At least there is the Epiphone Blueshawk that comes with the standard style P90 PROs, I do love the growl they make... This is my favorite for feel, weight, sound and versatility, out of my stable...

nq9GGjM.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

Can anyone tell me if there's any difference in neck width between the Epiphone  Blueshawk and the Gibson Blueshawk?  I currently have an Epiphone  BH and no longer have a Gibson BH but I think I remember the Gibson having a narrower neck.  

On 12/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, LJP said:

Can anyone tell me if there's any difference in neck width between the Epiphone  Blueshawk and the Gibson Blueshawk?  I currently have an Epiphone  BH and no longer have a Gibson BH but I think I remember the Gibson having a narrower neck.  

There are subtle differences in the necks. The E Blueshawk is slightly wider by about the thickness of the binding, also the E Blueshawk neck is a about 1/16" farther outboard from the body than the G BluesHawk and the Gibson neck joint is also slightly larger.  One main differences between them is the E Blueshawk has more 50's sounding P90's while the G BluesHawk Blues 90's are more moderate and get more like a Jazz Master sound. I love Playing both of mine but tend to play the Epiphone more as it generates less line noise..

Edited by mihcmac