Gibson Brands Forums

Sound cloud question...

daveinspain

Can I post a cover version of a song I produced and recorded in my studio? The Song is by a famous Jazz fusion band from the 70s which I recorded my own version... I was about to upload it but then I notice the terms of use and community guidelines part at the bottom of the page... If you look Here you will find lots of cover tunes on Soundcloud so I'm a bit confused.... :-k

The way I see it

1. Give credit even if it is a famous song and you're not sure who made it. Give as much info as you know and

2. there's a law that sais something about being able to recreate for entertaining and education purposes. Most youtube vids of covers or of AMVs which use copyrighten stuff, don't have the blurb but some do and it sais something about "no copyright infringment intended...for entertainment and education purposes blahblahblah"

Donn't worry as long as you say it isn't yours its (insert name of band or artist) [biggrin]

I post as private when it is mine or a close friend's and I don't want many people hearing me. *shy

If I don't care and the source is known for true, public is cool with me. Worst case you're forced to take it down. [flapper]

I got so sick of trying to figure out the bu11sh1t laws on this whole thing that I just ignore them. I'm not collecting any money for these. They are just for fun. The albums they are on are free. No one's getting paid. I figure if Lars has a huge problem with it he can send me a cease and desist and I'll pull it.

Archived