Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - SG Junior 60s

Clump

I got a Junior 60s in ebony when MF was blowing them out a couple of weeks ago. I'll admit that the main reason I bought the guitar was because it was such a great bargain ($479.99). Little did I know what a great guitar it is! A little tweak of the bridge and the action is perfect for me. It's really light and resonant. Of course the dog ear P-90 is great - beautiful cleans and as much raunch as you could want when needed. I can't seem to put it down.

A lot of people on line have complained about the baked maple board and the knobs not being in the traditional SG Jr location. I don't have a problem with either. The board is fine, smooth and comfortable. It cleaned up and darkened nicely with lemon oil. Since I don't have a vintage Jr the knobs don't bother me a bit.

The gloss black finish on mine is very good. All in all a great guitar. Considering the bargain price it's an unbelievable value. It's working hard to unseat my 60s Tribute SG as #1.

Beauty shots

IMG_0890_zps4ee42b65.jpg

IMG_0891_zps21dc85aa.jpg

IMG_0894_zpsceef0303.jpg

Yeah, I got the cherry one, great guitar and as light as a feather.

No reason I can see except Gibson's crazeeeee marketing strategy why the knobs

couldn't have been in the right postion AND a wrapround compensated bridge used rather than

the not very good smooth one.

Still, a budget guitar that looks and sounds great.

Here in the UK they are selling them with a nice discount, I might even get another one.

Archived