Gibson Brands Forums

CHRISTmas

Gman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as long as no-one starts crying like a baby, and everything remains factual, i love listening to WHY people disagree

unstructured arguing is pointless, but when people disagree, and have good reason for it, and someone else disagrees and has good reason for it, then each tries to pursuede the other about why they maybe wrong, it proves to me that we were never monkeys, because monkeys would just start bashing skulls with clubs..............

...it is interesting hearing peoples takes but it just seems to me like people just end up pissing each other off and don't make any ground other than keeping the person with opposing views unable to even try to see or at least understand where you are coming from.

i wish it could be another way. In some cases it is but it doesn't seem to be doing anything productive at the moment... oh well. I personally like discussing topics like this. I really like trying to better understand people with opposing views and learn why they think that way. The human mind and thought process fascinates me. If anyone ever wants to have a discussion about any topics like this i'm always willing to listen and argue for the sake further learning. Even if i strongly disagree with someone i'm not going to flame them for their beliefs.

I think tolerance is a character trait that seems to be void in many people.

If anyone's curious, i'm agnostic but i've been raised catholic all my life, and could maybe at one time call myself one... i can see it from both points of view and can understand both points of views. what bothers me is when people go to extremes and wont respect each other's opinions. hypocrisy also runs rampant on both sides of the spectrum.

By no means am i anything near perfect but i try my best to keep an open mind.

When christians proselytize' date=' they are doing it out of love and concern for people. When athiests proselytize (like you) what are your concerns?[/quote']

Six of one half dozen of the other. Beliefs are personal and should remain so. However, I gotta say I've haven't observed many proselytizing atheists in my life time, but I've seen a lot of proselytizing Christians.

This is what I don't understand. Why do people who are very religious feel the need to tell everyone what they believe? Aren't you comfortable enough to worship in silence. Why do you feel the need to "save" the rest of us? And why do you feel it is your job to spread your beliefs?

Are you nervous that perhaps your organized religion won't survive unless you recruit new members?

I believe in a higher power... I don't care what it's name is. The guitar is too perfect and too beautiful and too complex to have been made by accident...

Just because it was made by man doesn't mean it was by accident. We have reason and intelligence you know! Funny how all the beautiful things were made by god but the bad ones... well that's another story. If you believe god made the flowers, and the birds, and the violins, don't you also have to believe he made the hurricanes, and earthquakes, and weapons of destruction? I've always wondered why football players thank god for winning but never blame him for losing. Seems unbalanced to me.

I believe the Bible is directions on how to live a good and full life.

Gman' date=' I hope you aren't following [b']these[/b] directions to a full life. There are many more of these as I am sure you know if you've read the bible. I remember a particualrly disturbing one about a man allowing his daughter or wife to be raped as punishment for her sins. I'll see if I can find it. Overall, I'd say these make the secular holiday you dislike look pretty darn good - so Happy Holidays to ya! Peace and goodwill to all. (and Eggnog too!)

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son...

Then shall his father and his mother lay hold

on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his

city... And all the men of his city shall stone him

with stones, that he die..."

-Deuteronomy 21:18-21

"You cannot be Jesus's disciple unless you

hate your mother, father, and family"

-Luke 14:26

"Bride who is not virgin must be stoned to death"

-Deuteronomy 22:13-21

"Unmarried rape victim must marry her rapist"

-Deuteronomy 22:28

"Men are holy if they stay away from women"

-I Samuel 21:4-5

Or it could be that the god you worship is the wrong one. Therefore you could be destined to be reincarnated as a gnat buzzing road kill just outside Odessa Texas on hot summers day. The point is if it feels good do it' date=' but don't try to force your morality on me or anyone who doesn't want to hear it. That includes your loaded x-tian holiday greetings. You people troll for people like me to prove your worthfulness. [/quote']

Ah no.

i celebrat xmas not christmas. the secular better version of christmas that promotes a time of caring, giving and goodwill towards all. and while i celebrate a holdiday based on christianity i my self worship the sun and pray to george carlin (watch me earlier post if you haven't allready) it is basically the same as praying to god. about half the things i pray come true, but i can see the sun! being visible is a good thing.

again watch the video

happy xmas, holdiday, hanmankwanzmis or what ever else you celebrate and a great new year!

i celebrat xmas not christmas. the secular better version of christmas that promotes a time of caring' date=' giving and goodwill towards all. and while i celebrate a holdiday based on christianity i my self worship the sun and pray to george carlin (watch me earlier post if you haven't allready) it is basically the same as praying to god. about half the things i pray come true, but i can see the sun! being visible is a good thing.

again watch the video

happy xmas, holdiday, hanmankwanzmis or what ever else you celebrate and a great new year!

[/quote']

Xtian or Xmas An abbreviation for "Christian and Christmas". Based upon the first letter (Chi, which looks like an X) of the Greek word for Christ (Christos). The X therefore being a traditional symbol for Christ. Xtian is often used rather than Xian to avoid confusion with the Chinese city.

This abbreviation is often mistaken as derogatory by some Christians unaware of the history of the people of their faith.

Just because it was made by man doesn't mean it was by accident. We have reason and intelligence you know! Funny how all the beautiful things were made by god but the bad ones... well that's another story. If you believe god made the flowers' date=' and the birds, and the violins, don't you also have to believe he made the hurricanes, and earthquakes, and weapons of destruction? I've always wondered why football players thank god for winning but never blame him for losing. Seems unbalanced to me.[/quote']

Actually I substituted the word "guitar" for the word "man" in my little blog... Guess no one got it....

My brain hurts.

Peace to all. Doubt it will happen, but that's my sentiment. Happy Hannukah, Kwanza, Buddha's belly button lint cleaning day, The Day they Got Stoned with a Raped Virgin Day....

I'm off to covet my neighbor's wife's ***.

With binoculars.

The reason religious discussions turn ugly is because religious people tend to think that theirs is the absolute correct answer and everyone else's is wrong. It's the rigidity of the position that causes the trouble.

What? I re-read the posts and didn't see any of the "religious" people getting upset' date=' you could make the argument that it's the non-religious folks who get their panties in a knot due to the rigidity of thier position...

By the way here is the biggest *** I could find on the internet...

[img']http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/kellyg7809/Al-Gore-Inspirational-Poster.jpg[/img]

Archived