Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bloozeguy

PR4 player pack amp

Finally got a chance to use this out myself (mandolin player in band used to use it). Really, really pleased, both with vocal and guitar (mic'd). Thing is, it was an *outdoor* gig (albeit in a somewhat enclosed courtyard), and it still cranked plenty--nice and balanced. Did not use "chorus" and probably never will--I'm an acoustic blues player, fer cryin' out loud! But, hey, 15 watts of raw, barely controlled solid state power, baby!

So here's how I figure it came down: you can get the pack for ~$200; figure $100/each guitar and amp. I'd been looking for the used amp by itself. Independent used git shop had one--mint condition, kids--listed at $69. They let me have it for $50. Well spent!

So, if you're looking for a swell little acoustic amp for solo small room work, very easy to use (one drawback--bring an extension cord), lightweight, with chorus effect if you really feel you need it, Bloozeguy recommends you look for one of these little sweeties.

The amp in the PR4-E player pack is an awesome little 15w amplifier and worth every penny of the $50 you payed for it. If you see the price lower, and you probably will, its because people dont realize how good this amp really is. Most amps that size are pretty terrible. But not this one!

ordered a tweed Epiphone 15C of Ebay,looked new, $35.00. Waiting. I've been looking for a tweed Epiphone SC-210. Had one, sold it (mistake). Don't ever see them for sale, anywhere. Was a nice amp, stereo chorus sounded ...chorusy, and reverby...quite nice actually, 2 10" speakers.

I fix up amps that are slated for the scrap... and sometimes the "starter" solid state amps actually sound better than one would think. I had a Gorilla that actually surprised me... and many others too.