Gibson Brands Forums

Recording of my J45

BluesKing777

I had a bang at U2's: "Still Haven't Found" on my J45 Standard.

I did a strum/fingerpick (bare fingered) and am pretty happy with the sound on my home system, but who knows what happens between the Internet and Here?

The J45 can be a bit tricky to record....a bit loud and boomy sometimes - hope it doesn't rattle the speakers.

https://soundcloud.com/bluesking777/looking1b

BluesKing777.

BK, I'm enjoying your fingerstyle reworking of these tunes. This is another real good 'un. You can have a couple of Anzac day beers tomorrow on the strength of that. [smile]

Guitar sounds great at this end.

I think we have the same year J-45 standard from memory of some previous post of yours. A 2010 standard with the black nut? Bought mine second hand in Tokyo in 2011.

Thanks for the replies!

And FB, it is the same 2010 guitar with black nut, which I always intended to change to bone nut, but I haven't because I don't want to change the sound of the guitar now.....opening out nicely....

And I am on an hourly rate so working through Anzac Day, and have done an hour to hour and a half extra every day since New Year and the guitar fund is coming along...

BluesKing777.

Not the first time I hear those Masterbuilts do the right thing.

Some people claim they come out of another well-known brand.

Okay then, , , which one - someone please tell us, , , and how come then the thin strings are golden ??

Good stuff BK, I also like your flingerstyle interpretations of these classic tunes. Infact I might have a go at this tune as my next pickin' challenge as it would work in some of the venues we play in. cheers !

Tune is straight off Chordie.com, EA:

http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.xguitar.com/guitar-tabs/u2/the_joshua_tree/i_still_havent_found_what_im_looking_for.txt

BluesKing777.

Not the first time I hear those Masterbuilts do the right thing.

Some people claim they come out of another well-known brand.

Okay then, , , which one - someone please tell us, , , and how come then the thin strings are golden ??

Some even claim all strings are made at the same factory with the string machine guy grinning as he reads our comparisons....

BluesKing777.

Archived