Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite songs that noone knows

moparguy

After talking about Molly Hatchet in the John Mayer thread I got to thinking about songs I like the realy jam like a mofo and noone knows about them. Here is one by Molly Hatchet that I heard back in 78 or 79 off the Beatin The Odds album and I could not stop listening, the lead guitar is IN YOUR FACE and absolutley scorching. These guitar players are just super players. http://youtu.be/xXXLU8GFpw8. Anyone got a song noone really knows about?

In honor of the M3 Rock Festival at Merriweather Post Pavilion this weekend that I am missing yet another year, I'll post one of the headliners.

This is off their debut album that only people from Maryland and surrounding states would have heard.

A 60s rock band from Canada's prairie provinces in the mid 60s called "Willie and the Walkers" had a cross-Canada hit called "Diamonds and Gold".This was their only hit song and it sounded like it could have been written by one of the better British Invasion bands of the time.The original "Willie" went on to form the very popular Downchild Blues Band,who still enjoy a gruelling gigging schedule.The original Willie and the Walkers still manage to gig also.

A 60s rock band from Canada's prairie provinces in the mid 60s called "Willie and the Walkers" had a cross-Canada hit called "Diamonds and Gold".This was their only hit song and it sounded like it could have been written by one of the better British Invasion bands of the time.The original "Willie" went on to form the very popular Downchild Blues Band,who still enjoy a gruelling gigging schedule.The original Willie and the Walkers still manage to gig also.

You're right never heard of em.

I was stationed on an aircraft carrier out of San Diego in 1965 and I heard a song called "Then Came You" by the British Walkers. I bought the record (45rpm) and played it until it turned white and was no longer viable. I've never heard of the group or the song again. It will always be a favorite as is "Girl Don't Come" by Cilla Black.

A little known blues player, Murali Coryell is not as famous as his father Larry (jazz guitarist). Always loved this song...

Saw him locally last year when he appeared with Joe Louis Walker. He was booked at the same club with his own band, wish I could have made it (was while I was working down in FL). JLW is coming back next month, I hope Murali comes with him again.

Archived