Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

E-minor7

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bird's nice, BUT MAN I LOVE THAT CASE!!!!

Yeah the case is kinky madness -

and with the warm burst in it it gets real crazy.

Overwhelming combo to have in the chambers.

Takes you home - if you're not there already. . .

Didn't notice those pins.

Life sure is good (with appointments)! Ain't it so.

There are only 2 dark ones - for the high E and B.

The G-string has a light wood pin and it's all to create the right balance for my playing.

The t.r. shield - - - it is shining brass. . . .

Congrats on the guitar but someone has to ask...

What's going on with the wall, Salvador?

'It's a little-known piece by Phil Oakey called 'Here comes the Miró, man'. Conceptually influenced in equal parts by the Catalan sun and the glint of Sheffield steel, it melds surrealist automatism with industrial naturalism, the passion of Picasso with the anguish of Joe Cocker. I predict that Mr Vejar will be interested in it, and that Emin7 could make back the cost of his new Hummingbird by selling, as it were, one Juan to another. Apparently there is a partner piece which involves Braque-ish newspaper collage to depict a large looking-glass in which a cubist, yet still recognizable image of Robert Maxwell appears, produced entirely from arrangments of meticulously cut-out newsprint. Sadly the whereabouts of 'The Dali Mirror' are unknown, though it is suspected that they disappeared at about the same time as the pension funds of its near-namesake.' Or so I read on Brian Sewell's website.

I knew these slightly geometric, but surely cozmic figures was bound to flabbergast you some, P.M.

But just read Mister Mojorule and you'll get it all.

The prism is, , , well a prism - while that bronze sun was made from a bass-drum skin as I recall it and talkin' 'bout recalling.

Aren't you a painter yourself, Mojo. . .

Btw. I have considerable neck-pain and funny sneezes from sleeping in the cali-girl case the last 6 days - - -

and what is seen on the pic is a detail from my sleeping-room.

I knew these slightly geometric, but surely cozmic figures was bound to flabbergast you some, P.M.

But just read Mister Mojorule and you'll get it all.

Aren't you a painter yourself, Mojo. . .

]

No, but I am a fan of Georges Perec, and this work in particular: Un Cabinet d'Amateur.

To be flabbergasted by art would prevent someone from enjoying most of it.

Is it a framed pic or a painted wall?

Not sure about that one - a good shake is fine now and again. .

It's definitely bronze paint on the semi mat black wall.

If it seems faded, it's from chicks rubbing against it before I morphed into the acoustic monk. . .

No, but I am a fan of Georges Perec, and this work in particular: Un Cabinet d'Amateur.

Whou - never saw this piece. . .

And after clicking on that link I "never saw this piece either!!! All that Wiki dissertation and ain't got even ONE pitcher for a body to look at and it was in some gibberish!! [biggrin]

Oh well, my artists are Norman Rockwell & my wine is Riunite Lambrusco. so that tells you much about my culture. [flapper]

Aster

haha....This topic has moved in a surrealist direction. As a joke I posted a link to Dali's painting "The Great Masturbator"...but the link was shortened to just the last word...so i edited it out

Yeps, I tried to post a pic of the new flier and case, but PalourMan fixed his eyes on the wall.

That made things take a slightly surrealistic turn, which I'm the first to feed, admitted.

PM was in the mood for a little game when he called me Salvador and was welcome – so was your actual Dali painting, fb.

Here I'm speaking as the host of the thread, not on behalf of the Board. But it was Saturday evening and people were loose – all fine.

I'll try to post a few extra shots later - stand by.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hey flatbarogue, isn't your name a little surreal also (or do I miss a dimension).

And Aster1 – I really follow the Norman Rockwell trail. We had our own artist in that style here in the 60's – made magazine covers blessed from above.

But of course I'm in a Hartford Snyder craze this period – for those who don't know, the person behind the Hummingbird wildlife motive.

Enjoy a groovy Sunday everyone.

PM was in the mood for a little game when he called me Salvador and was welcome

I' only called you Salvador because everyone would have got the art reference, it's not particularly daliesque at all, just a bit of fun.

I would say though the comments should have been expected, it's not the usual sofa, bedspread, curtain, table-top or floor pic we usually see on a NGD thread. It may even have been courted and I just played along. ;)

I' only called you Salvador because everyone would have got the art reference, it's not particularly daliesque at all, just a bit of fun.

I would say though the comments should have been expected, it's not the usual sofa, bedspread, curtain, table-top or floor pic we usually see on a NGD thread.

To take the situation one step further and thus make this thread not only a surreal, but also a therapeutic experience, I'll use the opportunity to admit that I saw the photo a bit like a painting when I posted. As said we all know what the beautiful Bird/case set looks like and here was a variation.

The fact you returned the serve with a 'Salvador' can only be seen as positive.

Apart from the fact that you commented on the wall, not the pictured as a whole, something indicates we are having what could be called a good vibed communication here, PM. If yes, it would make my day.

I just played along.

Yep, let's all just play along merrily merrily merrily gently down the stream

- now I'm getting' surrealistic again. . .

Archived