Gibson Brands Forums

New song day

AnneS

Hi, all

Here's a brand new offering--(where "new" can be awfully familiar, I know..... [cool] )

It's one of those simple things that seemed to be lurking inside my guitar, vibrating on behalf of someone else and coming out in a bit of a rush. (Sometimes you catch a cold from passing strangers; sometimes maybe you catch their sorrow?)

Recorded on a Zoom H2n, then dumped into Audacity for a touch of compression and echo. (Easy enough set-up; and quite adequate, I think, for my purposes.)

If you'd like a listen...

Leaving

Thanks

Thanks for the listens and the kind encouraging words, guys. It's a fine thing to be able to share these when they're fresh, and your willingness to partake is, truly, appreciated. I feel lucky!!

Another strong set of lyrics and music, Annie. Every time I listen to your songs I feel like it's a personal experience, because you write from a very intimate place. It's almost as if I'm hearing my own thoughts being written-down and sung back to me. I find your music and lyrics very tuned-in to human emotions. Cool stuff. I think I mentioned something along this line before---your music reminds me of the stuff Johnny Cash did in his last albums. Dark, brooding, very real and human, best listened to late at night in a dark room where the impact of the song can best be felt. You write from life experiences. Some are good. Some are bad. All are real.

Absolutely lovely!! Am listening to it for the third time now <3

I don't know if I should tell you this or not but I have a rescue bird in the house at the moment (feral pigeon ran into window of friend's house, oh yeah, call Karen, she'll save it [rolls eyes], seeds and feathers from here to eternity, like I need more housework to do..... anyway). This bird responds to certain songs and artists. He loves Kenny Chesney, Peter, Paul and Mary, John Denver and....... your new song!

Absolutely lovely!! Am listening to it for the third time now <3

I don't know if I should tell you this or not but I have a rescue bird in the house at the moment (feral pigeon ran into window of friend's house, oh yeah, call Karen, she'll save it [rolls eyes], seeds and feathers from here to eternity, like I need more housework to do..... anyway). This bird responds to certain songs and artists. He loves Kenny Chesney, Peter, Paul and Mary, John Denver and....... your new song!

Karen!!

So funny...in the tune I uploaded before this one, I was bird-sitting for a friend while playing with my new Zoom recorder and you can hear Nemo the Parrot chiming in on the last verse. Come to think of it, he kinda perked up whenever I played. Maybe I should target an avian audience?![laugh]

Also funny in that I've been listening to the recently-issued John Denver tribute CD. Fresh takes on the the old songs--has me going all nostalgic, so I appreciate your taking the time to comment. Sometimes, everything seems strangely connected. [smile]

Another strong set of lyrics and music, Annie. Every time I listen to your songs I feel like it's a personal experience, because you write from a very intimate place. It's almost as if I'm hearing my own thoughts being written-down and sung back to me. I find your music and lyrics very tuned-in to human emotions. Cool stuff. I think I mentioned something along this line before---your music reminds me of the stuff Johnny Cash did in his last albums. Dark, brooding, very real and human, best listened to late at night in a dark room where the impact of the song can best be felt. You write from life experiences. Some are good. Some are bad. All are real.

For me, music "best listened to late at night in a dark room" has always been the most vital, essential kind. It hits me 'where I live and breathe and have my being," if you will.

So if what I do is evocative for you--for anyone--in that way, then I am humbled and touched and more grateful than a person usually gets to be. Thanks for your kind reflections, Larry.

Anne

Archived