Gibson Brands Forums

How to Attract Women

fumblefinger

Break out all the cartoons about guys with guitars and women. They're true!

This appeared in our morning paper.

"Carrying a guitar case can increase the chances of you getting a date

by a third according to a study by researchers at the University of South

Brittany. The study found women were 31% more likely to give their number

to a man carrying a guitar case - double the amount of people who would

give their number to the same man when he was empty-handed.

Professor Nicolas Gueguen, a researcher in behavior sciences, hired a

twenty year old man to approach 300 women aged between 18 and 22 in

a shopping centre."

Of course we already knew that didn't we?

Hugely thorough and complete study.....

What kind of guitar and what kind of case? Was there a guitar IN the case?

Why only ONE case?

What happens if you have LOTS of cases? AHA!

BluesKing777.

Does that percentage double if youre carrying a Gibson rather than Taylor ? (unless youre looking for a date in a church)

Does that percentage double if youre carrying a Gibson rather than Taylor ? (unless youre looking for a date in a church)

Probably not, all the modern bands full of pretty boys tend to be using Taylors.

It took scientists all these years to figure-out what I realized when I was 15 (1962)? [confused] It's just commonsense.

Nah, common sense would be dumping the guitar and just buying a can of Axe, give yourself a good scoot and wait for this to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fBzM6HZOpM

As an agency guy this is one casting I would demand to be in, any excuse.

I did use to work on a shower gel brand and we had a similar casting for the right lady to be in a shoewer scene covering herself with the product. I will never forget that casting .... straight out of Mad Men, I was doing my best to be Roger.

Probably not, all the modern bands full of pretty boys tend to be using Taylors.

Nah, common sense would be dumping the guitar and just buying a can of Axe, give yourself a good scoot and wait for this to happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fBzM6HZOpM

Perhaps the attraction goes much further. This, from none-other than the Onion:

Guy Carrying Guitar Case On Elevator Envied By Everyone On Elevator, Imagines Guy

Newssummer music LocalISSUE 46•36 • Sep 11, 2010

NEW YORK—A guy carrying a guitar case on a midtown Manhattan elevator was envied and admired by fellow passengers during the entirety of his 14-floor ride, the guitar-case- carrying man imagined Monday.

"These people would kill to be me," the man thought in reference to the well-dressed professionals standing next to him in the elevator. "They see me, this guitar case, my sunglasses, my worn-out jeans, and think, 'Man, here's a guy who didn't sell out and become part of the corporate mainstream.'"

"This poor suit over here with the red tie definitely wants to be me," the guitar-case-carrying man continued in his mind. "From the moment we got on this thing he's been dying to ask me what the life of a musician is like."

According to the man's imagination, his fellow elevator passengers were envious of either his free-wheeling lifestyle; his gutsy decision to follow his dreams—money and so-called success be damned; or the fact that he doesn't give a **** about shaving and hasn't done so regularly for the past 10 years.

In addition, his brain reportedly wondered if the straight-laced men in the elevator realized he's the kind of guy their wives think about when they're having sex.

"They're all dying to know if I'm a solo artist or if I'm in a band," the man's imagination confirmed as the elevator stopped at the fifth floor, letting on two more passengers he believed were refreshed by the rare sight of a true-blue rock-and-roll rebel in their stuffy office building. "They desperately want a taste of my world: a world without rules where the only thing that matters is where the next gig is, and whether or not the beers are on the house."

"If we had more time, I'd whip this puppy out right now and play a few tunes," his cerebral cortex added. "Heh. I bet that'd make these sorry corporate drones' day."

As the elevator continued upward, passengers made slight throat-clearing sounds and occasional fleeting eye contact with one another, signs the guitar-carrying man took to indicate a major epiphany on their part that they shouldn't have gone to fancy colleges, settled down, and had families, and that they would be better off letting the natural ebb and flow of life take them where it may.

"Even if I told you, you probably wouldn't recognize the names of my musical influences," the man silently responded to a question he felt the woman in the white dress was too embarrassed to ask out loud. "And yeah, I'm mostly self-taught. I learned by tinkering around and trying to find my own sound, you know?"

The man went on to pity the people on the elevator for not being courageous and passionate enough to rip off their ties, throw them on the floor, and walk out of their office building forever. He then reflected on how it must be killing them right now to be like flies trapped in amber, peering out to see a soul, free as a bird, doing everything they wish they could do but are too terrified to even try.

The man proceeded to make a slow, pitying head shake.

"That poor bald bastard in the plaid sweater just looked right at me," the man's imagination continued as the elevator passed the 10th floor. "He wants to be me so bad. He's going to be thinking all day about what a wild, unencumbered spirit he was lucky enough to rub elbows with on the elevator this morning."

"If only these squares knew that, deep down, being creative is a burden in its own way," he wordlessly added. "But ****, I made a deal with the devil a long time ago, and I intend to hold up my end of the bargain. Sorry if you guys can't wrap your little heads around that."
When the elevator reached the 14th floor, the man exited with his guitar case, leaving the remaining passengers to continue thinking what they thought the second he appeared in the lobby: that they had never felt more comfortable in their decisions to have jobs with decent salaries, health insurance, and generous, well-balanced retirement plans.

Oh, Anne!!

Can't you let us have our little self-delusions....?

I'm feelin' pretty smug here..... had the wild touring life, still play a bit, AND am a corporate guy with salary, health benefits 401k, etc.!!

(and Anne's probably thinkin', "what a butthole.... types in bold.... & his zipper is probably down too!")

I'm feelin' pretty smug here..... had the wild touring life, still play a bit, AND am a corporate guy with salary, health benefits 401k, etc.!!

(and Anne's probably thinkin', "what a butthole.... types in bold.... & his zipper is probably down too!")

Ahaha---too funny! ☺

Hugely thorough and complete study.....

What kind of guitar and what kind of case? Was there a guitar IN the case?

Why only ONE case?

What happens if you have LOTS of cases? AHA!

BluesKing777.

A common tactic we used as college kids, was take a camera and go around the pool (any pool we could get access to) taking "pictures" of the ladies. Usually, without film. Invariably, there were poses, smiles, etc. Of course, there were setbacks, like, "hey, take a hike!" If you have access to a puppy..that works too :).

Do you think scale length has any part in this guitar-player-gets-the-girl scenario ???? You know.....does a guy with a Jumbo have a better chance than a guy with a parlor?

i'd say a fella with an electric one would do best with your train of thought wily !

Archived