Gibson Brands Forums

20th Anniversary 1957 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

Rabs

Im not really a fan of gold hardware or ebony guitars.. But theres actually something about this one that I like even though I cant quite put my finger on it? :-k

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/20th-Anniversary-1957-Les-Paul-Custom-Black-Beauty.aspx

$9,411

•1-piece Mahogany body with Antiqued Ebony finish

•Ebony fingerboard with custom block, pearl inlays

•Powerful Custom Bucker Humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions

•Gold-plated ABR-1 bridge with aluminum stopbar tailpiece

•Waffle back gold-plated tuners with 12:1 tuning ratio

Splash-wef2efwef02_zpsfe512ce7.jpg

It looks *exactly* like my 6th anniversary '57 RI except for the tuners. Mine are grovers.

I personally *love* the look of gold hardware on ebony guitars. Hmmmm. so THAT's why I have one!! :)

I also really, really like the look of gold hardware on wine red guitars. I don't have one of those. Yet.

A wine/gold studio or wine/gold SigT would do nicely. Either one, I'm not picky.

I was just scanning through the specs and this, for some reason, saddened me;

"Also, to help ensure that the exclusive 100 owners of this special guitar can keep it in "like new" condition for years to come, we even include a pair of white gloves..."

:-s

P.

Why does Gibson insist on putting crappy gold hardware on black Les Pauls? Black and chrome look much better together, especially with the large white acrylic inlay.

Completely subjective. I prefer gold hardware on black. Chrome looks too plain and boring to me on a black guitar. And if you don't like it, just get out the steel wool and that thin plating will be gone in no time...

-Ryan

If anybody is willing to spend $9K for this guitar, I've got some swampland in Missouri that's available!

$9K is MSRP. Retail would be around $6K after taxes in that case. Still a lot of money, but not as obscenely priced as $9K.

-Ryan

Im not really a fan of gold hardware or ebony guitars.. But theres actually something about this one that I like even though I cant quite put my finger on it? :-k

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/20th-Anniversary-1957-Les-Paul-Custom-Black-Beauty.aspx

$9,411

•1-piece Mahogany body with Antiqued Ebony finish

•Ebony fingerboard with custom block, pearl inlays

•Powerful Custom Bucker Humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge positions

•Gold-plated ABR-1 bridge with aluminum stopbar tailpiece

•Waffle back gold-plated tuners with 12:1 tuning ratio

Splash-wef2efwef02_zpsfe512ce7.jpg

Ah, but for $9400 you CAN put your fingers on it!! <_<

What I find crazy is how they put out 20th anniversary models of re-issues. How about just the 26th anniversary of the '57. I guess the 20th of anything for marketing purposes and high price.

And if it's a re-issue of a re-issue of the '57 shouldn't it have '57 pickups?? [blink]

What I find crazy is how they put out 20th anniversary models of re-issues....And if it's a re-issue of a re-issue of the '57 shouldn't it have '57 pickups?? [blink]

It IS a bit mad. And Yes on the '57 Classics.

The good news is I have an ALL - ORIGINAL '93 '59 Re-Issue ( [woot] ) so that's possibly at least doubled in value overnight as a consequence of these re-issues being, erm, issued....

Any Offers?........

[lol]

P.

Archived