Gibson Brands Forums

Locked topic...why?

Paulnumbfingers

I started a topic and noticed it was locked and frankly I have never seen a locked topic. So, I am curious as to why the topic would have been locked...the topic had a heated debate but I have seen that occur many times without a locked topic. It was a topic regarding a problem with my gibson, but I have also seen many other topics dealing with guitar issues and they were not locked. So any insights on what causes a topic to be locked? Just curious.

I started a topic and noticed it was locked and frankly I have never seen a locked topic. So, I am curious as to why the topic would have been locked...the topic had a heated debate but I have seen that occur many times without a locked topic. It was a topic regarding a problem with my gibson, but I have also seen many other topics dealing with guitar issues and they were not locked. So any insights on what causes a topic to be locked? Just curious.

It happens...I've had several posts for a day all removed for what I could only determine was use of a word that I've seen used plenty times before without apparent issue. Wasn't worth the energy in trying to find out why. All depends on what mood for a day mod's may be in most likely...we're only human. Personally, wouldn't worry about it.."it" happens -

edit...i will say if you're not logged in officially i've seen posts in a locked status as well -

So, I am curious as to why the topic would have been locked...the topic had a heated debate but I have seen that occur many times without a locked topic....<snip>...So any insights on what causes a topic to be locked? Just curious.

I don't think it had anything to do with our topic...it was the toxic flame war that broke out discussing it...

Just try the home brew repair and/or take it to your repair guy and get that beauty AJ back in shape...you'll feel much better after its fixed....

I don't think it had anything to do with our topic...it was the toxic flame war that broke out discussing it...

Just try the home brew repair and/or take it to your repair guy and get that beauty AJ back in shape...you'll feel much better after its fixed....

I just received my package from stewmac and so I am ready to try my home repair. Once completed I will post the results, oh, provided my topic has been unlocked.

Either a mod followed you thread, or someone in the thread reported it to a mod, the latter is far more likely as this place is usually not moderated much as it doesn't flare up on a daily basis like the electric section and 'off topic' section.

Haha the AGF a guy that I've traded guitars with often just got booted for calling out a guy on a shady deal in the classifieds. I don't believe I've seen a heated topic on the gibson acoustic thread. Nothing serious anyway that ppl wouldn't have a beer and a laugh after. Hope you got your question anwsered.

There is a guy who starts criticizing the wrong thing and then when people who actually know something call him out on it he starts calling them "apologists" and then it inevitably goes downhill into don't call me apologist, basher. Don't call me basher, apologist and after a while the moderators freeze it. Two or three times a year. Been going on for many years. It's trolling, really. If the person would just gird his loins and go to Bozeman and take the forking tour, so much ignorance would fall away and he would feel ashamed after years of name-calling.

There is a guy who starts criticizing the wrong thing and then when people who actually know something call him out on it he starts calling them "apologists" and then it inevitably goes downhill into don't call me apologist, basher. Don't call me basher, apologist and after a while the moderators freeze it. Two or three times a year. Been going on for many years. It's trolling, really. If the person would just gird his loins and go to Bozeman and take the forking tour, so much ignorance would fall away and he would feel ashamed after years of name-calling.

Wouldn't life be great if we all actually knew as much as we think we know?

It's Gibson's forum, and they can do as they please. If they want to censor content, lock threads or ban users, then that's their choice. I can respect that. What they can't do is take a "re-do" on the instruments that they've released to the market. You can find a lot of feedback on the web about Gibson acoustics. Sure, some of it must be taken with a grain of salt, but criticism for Gibson's guitars also didn't just come from out of the blue. It stands to reason that most people here on a Gibson forum are crazy about their Gibsons — but how many here truly think of themselves as impartial when it comes to guitars in general and Gibson guitars specifically? Visit other guitar forums and Gibsons are aren't thought of quite so highly. In the end, what matters most to me is how I feel about my own guitars, and in that regard things are just fine.

Archived