Gibson Brands Forums

Granadillo - proper care and feeding?

Stinger22

I live in a desert where the relative humidity is mostly always below 10%... :P

It seems, you should buy a humidifier ... everything below 40% is a guitar killer over some time.

JCM2000? Nice for the stage. I need to use something smaller for home recording and jamming with headphones. I first thought of a small Hughes & Kettner, but decided for a small Blackstar HT5R combo in snow white ... ideal for my purposes and sounds incredible with Les Pauls and even with my Gretsch ... just have to kick in some chorus to get Billy Duffy's sound from The Cult. If I should ever stand on a stage again, I'm tempted to use the HT5R, because it's preamp output can be used to feed the PA.

Sorry for the off-topic.

... I tried the PA feed once from the mic jack in the back of the Line 6 Spider Valve, it sounded like an AM radio, very bad. I make them mic me now.

Do they use a passive circuitry following the poweramp? I can't remember to have found a nice one in the past. We always ended up micing real speakers, for recording as well as on stage.

Mic'ing an amp in home recording is a bit problematic due to the volume. A futher problem is that f... bus, that stops every 10 minutes nearby.

So I do cab simulation in Reaper, which works pretty well in combination with the preamp output of the HT5R.

I don't know, how much better the Floor Pod is compared to my Pocket Pod. I find the later not good enough for recording except a very few clean sound. Everything with distortion is much noisier than the Blackstar. But I use it for bass recording, because my Godin has piezo pickups, which seem to have an impedance problem with my Tascam audio interface and distorts a bit, which I can avoid with the bass cab simulation of the PP.

I used Linseed oil on my Les Paul Signature T fretboard, it was dry when I got it affecting play and sustain,

I rubbed it with Linseed and it played faster sustained more and was just all around better.

I heard about Linseed oil from that Daves World of Fun Stuff (or whatever he calls it) guitar tech channel on YouTube. I've had a guy who treats my fretboards with Lemon oil and it always felt like it did the same thing for me... But that Dave guy says it's more of a cleaner than a conditioner and the Linseed Oil coagulates and fills the voids better making for a smoother surface...

I'm now very curious about trying Linseed oil...

Line 6 just has a low imp. Speaker Simulator out. It was ok but not very good sounding. I knotice anytime there is a transformer involved the output is usually not clean.

I prefer a Line 6 floor pod for digital input, I use the Treadplate model, it records nicely.

I think this looks like a quality answer to some of those recording issues...

http://www.two-notes...all-of-sound-3/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VajnU6Au04Y

Archived