Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul Traditional Pro II

donebylee

I just bought my first Les Paul, a Traditional Pro II. Have been mainly a Strat guy for most of the 35 years I have been playing, but this beast finally hooked me.

LP.jpg

I am totally in love with the thing, except for the strap posts. I have read enough to know this is a common complaint.

Of the various systems out there I am leaning towards the Loxx system. Does anyone have any feedback on using these with an LP?

Needless to say, the LP is much heavier than my strat.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum !!

not familiar with "LOXX" but unless it's a horse-shoe & post type setup i'd pass.

the typical Schaller/Fender "pull-pin" system will keep your guitar off the floor even if the internal spring fails, provided your horse-shoes are facing the right way(directly toward you).

I use those on everything that doesn't have a neck-joint mounted button.

with 35 yrs experience I assume you get what i'm saying....... [thumbup]

How awesome is that. I just bought the same model and color last Thursday. I have been a strat and a PRS McCarty guy but always wanted a Les Paul. I could never find one that suited me. They opened a new Guitar Center 3 miles from my house [thumbup] and I was in there checking it out when I chose this one over a Les Paul Standard that was over a grand more in price. For the money, this guitar is AWESOME!!!

Have fun with your new ax!!! I am. [biggrin]

How awesome is that. I just bought the same model and color last Thursday. I have been a strat and a PRS McCarty guy but always wanted a Les Paul. I could never find one that suited me. They opened a new Guitar Center 3 miles from my house [thumbup] and I was in there checking it out when I chose this one over a Les Paul Standard that was over a grand more in price. For the money, this guitar is AWESOME!!!

Have fun with your new ax!!! I am. [biggrin]

Ok. So the Loxx are installed and working well. Seem very secure.

I have a Franken-strat with hand wound pick-ups. I can get everything from Hendrix, Trower and Clapton out it. But my new Les Paul really adds a whole different dimension. I am loving the Bonamassa/Page tones and the sustain is insane.

I didn't think I would have much use for volume boost, but it has started to work its way into my playing.

I am very impressed with this guitar.

Glad I bought it.

Glad I bought it.

Congrats to this beauty, which looks very similar to my new Signature T.

BTW ... you mentioned all reasons, why I was always a Les Paul player ;)... your LP beats the Strat in any way ... looks better, plays better, sounds better (with the right strings).

My old Epi 1960 Tribute came with strap locks ... works well. But it's more important to get the right strap ... it needs to be wide on your shoulder, because of the guitar's weight. Don't use a slim "shoulder slicer" [biggrin]

I LOVE my Trad Pro

Whats yours weigh ?

I had mine on a scale and it said 5.58 lbs

Definitely feels heavier than that !

Nice color

Your guitar is closer to 10 pounds that it is to 5 pounds. I think your scale is off. If there is a 5.5 pound Les Paul out there I want it.

I have the Loxx strap locks on 4 of my guitars. I think they work great. I have the Dunlap strap locks on one Strat and they work fine but I like the Loxx better.

Enjoy your new baby, it's a beauty.

I have a Franklin leather strap and it is working fine with the Loxx system. Feels secure and the strap is comfy enough for a heavier guitar like the LP

And added bonus to the new LP is that my wife thinks its pretty. That's a first.

I have a Franklin leather strap and it is working fine with the Loxx system. Feels secure and the strap is comfy enough for a heavier guitar like the LP

And added bonus to the new LP is that my wife thinks its pretty. That's a first.

FYI, you do need to check the tightness of the two piece strap button, occasionally. I find, that especially with thick leather straps, they eventually start to loosen. So don't lose the little tool, it makes it easy to tighten them back up.

FYI, you do need to check the tightness of the two piece strap button, occasionally. I find, that especially with thick leather straps, they eventually start to loosen. So don't lose the little tool, it makes it easy to tighten them back up.

Thanks for the tip. I kept the tool and will check on strap buttons frequently.

Cheers.

Archived