Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lblack

NGD - L-00 TV

Congrats, lblack! The 00 TVs are fantastic if you can get your hands on them. Lucky for us we live in the "L-00 TV capitol of the world!" I need to get back in to BB to play that Ren 00 Luthier's Choice. I remember playing it when it was new and thought it could use some opening up. The Ren L-1 that came with it absolutely blew me away.

I heard through the grape vine that there might be two new late 30s L-00s in Birmingham by next week. We shall see.

Somebody will get a fantastic guitar when they find that Ren 00 Luthier's Choice. Keith said that the owner did play it so it has opened up. You should go there and try it out.

OK, thanks for that explanation for how the L-00 is setup for fingerpicking! I only know that when I played the L-00 TV (which is now mine) I liked the way it responded to my fingers. I have never seen a L-00 Legend but from the pictures you posted the bridge/saddle/pin design looks the same as on the L-00 TV, with the pins close to the saddle and the sharp break angle. As I am a beginner studying to learn the guitar, I won't be tinkering though! My only change is to replace the factory 80/20 strings with phosphor-bronze strings.

I really like this forum. I have learned so much from the expertise of the members! Thank you, j45nick, for your contribution to my knowledge increase.

The L-OO TV is very close to the Legend in general specs. That's one reason it is such a great buy.

The L-OO TV is very close to the Legend in general specs. That's one reason it is such a great buy.

We did our best to copy the Legend as close as they would let us without having the same price tag! HAHA!

and yeah, that Ren 00 is awesome. If I weren't already swimming in L-00s at home....... I have to stop myself from wanting it. LOL

-Keith

It really is frustrating that we can't do custom builds right now. We are optimistic that things will change though. This really is a guitar that should be standard production. Keeping those fingers crossed! And yes, Penny is hanging in there! She is a good girl!

Keith ,

can you clarify why they are not taking customs right now ?

are they trying to concentrate on the J 35 , SJ 100 & LG 2 AE or something ?

thanks

JC

Keith ,

can you clarify why they are not taking customs right now ?

are they trying to concentrate on the J 35 , SJ 100 & LG 2 AE or something ?

thanks

JC

it is what the powers that be in Nashville have decided is the best thing for the moment. Internal business decision at Gibson corporate. Just is what it is. I hope they change it soon, be we work around it now.

-Keith

We did our best to copy the Legend as close as they would let us without having the same price tag! HAHA!

and yeah, that Ren 00 is awesome. If I weren't already swimming in L-00s at home....... I have to stop myself from wanting it. LOL

-Keith

I'm glad you had the foresight to have Gibson to do a True Vintage version of the L-00. I am really enjoying it!