Gibson Brands Forums

She still can't sing.

MissouriPicker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch. Lots of barbs for the Stones. Guess it's a generational thing. Perhaps we could say the same about Ms Swift......being a genrational thing, I mean.

IMO, she's a product, cute as a button,, but... who's listening? no one apparently.

Stones, well, I'm 56, I've been into music since I was about 10, gigged hard for at least 25/30 years, during that time I've had to cover their tunes in numerous settings,,,, why? cuz people like them, I get it..

I appreciate the contribution to the industry, and I have to hand it to Mic, for someone who's been in this business that long, and still be in the shape he's in, is remarkable.. but all that aside,, nothing there for me.

IMO, she's a product, cute as a button,, but... who's listening? no one apparently.

Stones, well, I'm 56, I've been into music since I was about 10, gigged hard for at least 25/30 years, during that time I've had to cover their tunes in numbers settings,,,, why? cuz people like them, I get it..

I appreciate the contribution to the industry, and I have to hand it to Mic, for someone who's been in this business that long, and still be in the shape he's in, is remarkable.. but all that aside,, nothing there for me.

I couldn't watch that video past her first few lines.

I saw the Stones do it on Ed Sullivan when they first recorded it-also saw them live in 66 -this video is just painful.

Don't care what anybody says. While the Stones really came into their own with the Aftermath LP, between the release of the Jumpin' Jack Flash 45 rpm through Exile, they were the greatest rock & roll band in the world.

+1 to this period - Aftermath to Exiles. I have different candidates for "greatest" (or more accurately, "preferred") during these years- but they were definitely up there.

I noticed the same thing with Keef's extra string, but how does that work? Wouldn't it be very boomy, and if tuned to the same octave, wouldn't it put a bunch of stress on the neck? Just curious how all this works out and why he would do it.

As far as Brian Jones and the Stones, no argument from me that he was a vital part of the Stones. Until Beggars Banquet, the music the Stones played often had a much more pop sound, and looking back, it seems like their rock classics before 1968 tend to be more of a departure than representative of their sound. They also hired Jimmy Miller to produce BB and he was with them through their classic albums. So, anyway, I think it's interesting to speculate how the band would have evolved had Jones been able to keep himself together.

She chose the wrong register to sing in...

Should have arranged a tasteful harmony...maybe Mick is no fool after all... [biggrin]

I get irritated by female country singers' over reliance on tight clothes to make more money...

V

:-({|=

So who's better, Stones or Beatles ... ?

No contest..mucho distance.

Hope things not too bad over there with the rain. Near you is so of the worst I heard.

Most of America does not get any real news ...so most do not even know..the Money Masters don't want to wake them/us from our sleep as they rearrange this all into a new world order.

Hope it gets better and clear up, a friend in Switerland says they havent had such a thing in 500 years over there.

I get irritated by female country singers' over reliance on tight clothes to make more money...

Just turn the sound down.

But lawdy, some of those country ladies can sing. If only they did not have such milk toast crappy material. But put them with a good band and a good song and watch out - they can tear your playhouse down.

I never get tired of this one.

Just turn the sound down.

But lawdy, some of those country ladies can sing. If only they did not have such milk toast crappy material. But put them with a good band and a good song and watch out - they can tear your playhouse down.

I never get tired of this one.

Holy mackral! Who is that ?

Archived