Gibson Brands Forums

She still can't sing.

MissouriPicker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kylie Minogue (know here in Oz as the "Singing Budgie")

Say what you will, if I'm ever in a sour mood a couple of Kylie videos cheer me up. She has a way of looking into the camera in such a playful way that.... Oh if you watched a couple you'd know what I mean.

Unless you are a geezer you will not recall the Beatles delivered us from the plague of Bobbys (Vee, Rydell, Vinton and so on) who took over the airwaves in the wake of Buddy Holly's death and Chuck's arrest for allegedly violating the Mann Act - the same law they nailed boxer Jack Johnson on.

The one place the Stones had it all over the Beatles though was that many of our parents thought the Beatles looked like nice young boys. The Stones, however, horrified them.

Just turn the sound down.

But lawdy, some of those country ladies can sing. If only they did not have such milk toast crappy material. But put them with a good band and a good song and watch out - they can tear your playhouse down.

I never get tired of this one.

yea Zomby, Gretchen CAN sing!!! Like her or not, the girl can sing!!!

Just turn the sound down.

But lawdy, some of those country ladies can sing. If only they did not have such milk toast crappy material. But put them with a good band and a good song and watch out - they can tear your playhouse down.

I never get tired of this one.

She does it..is she a Wilson related to the Heart sisters?

That Nancy Wilson & Keith Richards gets my vote for the coolest stage rhythm guitarists but everything else considered Johnny Marr/Richard are my favorites.

yea Zomby, Gretchen CAN sing!!! Like her or not, the girl can sing!!!

I love her voice - it is her material that sends me running to change the channel. Same with Jennifer Nettles. That lady can belt it out but what passes for country these days is a joke.

I just saw a BBC morning show interview with Bonnie Raitt...

What a great guitarist and genuine time-served talent... [thumbup]

Talking candidly about sustaining a career in performing as maturity happens... [biggrin]

It is such a tough industry, perhaps we should tolerate the ladies' ruthless use of 'legs'n booty' to grab whatever they can while the going is good... :blink:

V

:-({|=

Here's the French version of Taylor Swift..and she has a load more talent.

The first vid is worth watching (make sure your wife is not around..she won't understand)

The second song is simply an excellent pop song..

Not convinced about this one, Mersey. Does Taylor Swift write songs about splashing in the bath and having enough of everything else? Mind you, I suppose it is lyrically reminiscent of this classic (some Gretsch action for PM, and some Epiphone action for Zomby):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRaAghtPFRE

Come to think of it, the French equivalent of the many-headed monstrosity that is the current Stones line-up doing 'Tears Go By' with Taylor Swift might be Jacques Dutronc duetting with Alizéé. (Even better, with Johnny Depp on slide guitar, reunited with his ex-Mrs on backing vocals...)

Not convinced about this one, Mersey. Does Taylor Swift write songs about splashing in the bath and having enough of everything else? Mind you, I suppose it is lyrically reminiscent of this classic (some Gretsch action for PM, and some Epiphone action for Zomby):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRaAghtPFRE

Come to think of it, the French equivalent of the many-headed monstrosity that is the current Stones line-up doing 'Tears Go By' with Taylor Swift might be Jacques Dutronc duetting with Alizéé. (Even better, with Johnny Depp on slide guitar, reunited with his ex-Mrs on backing vocals...)

Is that what shes singin about..? Damn..I like her even more now : )

This Jacques guy is really something..listened to "Les cactus" and laughed my balls off all the way through. : )

I love her voice - it is her material that sends me running to change the channel. Same with Jennifer Nettles. That lady can belt it out but what passes for country these days is a joke.

Amen, brother! I think about another 2-3 years of this crap and the "Nashville sound machine" will go through another awakening. Like when it stale-mated in the early '80's and it took Randy Travis to wake them up. Where's the ghost of Hank Williams when you need him?!!!!

Everyone going to Fred's Sansjam has to learn this one for the group jam at the end:

BluesKing777.

Edit; And here are the Chords/Lyrics courtesty of Chordie.com

http://www.chordie.c...ers/178668.html

Thanks for the mention BK, I'll post it on the Sansjammers page for all to consider, and of course you will be here for the bands downtime via your MP3's.

Unless you are a geezer you will not recall the Beatles delivered us from the plague of Bobbys (Vee, Rydell, Vinton and so on) who took over the airwaves in the wake of Buddy Holly's death and Chuck's arrest for allegedly violating the Mann Act - the same law they nailed boxer Jack Johnson on.

The one place the Stones had it all over the Beatles though was that many of our parents thought the Beatles looked like nice young boys. The Stones, however, horrified them.

We were also saved from Pat Boone doing Little Richard songs. The Stones especially reminded us what rock really was.

We were also saved from Pat Boone doing Little Richard songs. The Stones especially reminded us what rock really was.

Funny you should mention that. I just finished putting together a program (whch I will be presenting tonight) in which there is a section where Little Richard's Tutti Frutti fades into Pat Boone's version. It was a tough call between that splice and one of Fats and Perry Como doing Blueberry Hill. But Pat won out.

The only good "Bobby" of that era was..... Bobby Darin. At least he could sing.

Archived