Gibson Brands Forums

What number dark fire are you?

DF-234

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#DF450. Anxiously waiting on the little brown truck to arrive with the goodie today ! :D/

I don't want to bum you out (I'd just hate to see you expecting something that may not happen)' date=' but according to their holiday schedule posted on ups.com, if your guitar is being sent via [b']UPS Ground [/b]it won't be delivered until Friday since UPS is not making pickups or deliveries for their Ground service (Such is the case with mine). If it is being sent via Air, then you're good to go.

I don't want to bum you out (I'd just hate to see you expecting something that may not happen)' date=' but according to their holiday schedule posted on ups.com, if your guitar is being sent via [b']UPS Ground [/b]it won't be delivered until Friday since UPS is not making pickups or deliveries for their Ground service (Such is the case with mine). If it is being sent via Air, then you're good to go.

Locka, appreciate the info. Yep, am good to go mate. Yesterday, I had it sent next day air. It arrived about 2 hours ago. I didn't want the guitar sitting around loading docks and wanted the smallest amount of handling and hands on it as possible.

I just finished checking a few things and the DF works flawlessly so far. Tuning works very fast, Chameleon Tone (Piezo blend and mag pups). I'm very pleased with the fit and finish of the guitar itself. Beautiful carved maple top. The neck and back are just fine with me, it's a different finish in appearance and that's puuuuurfect, because I like "different". The action is excellent, frets are very smooth, no buzzing. In general, the mechanics of the guitar are set up very well. I'll play it a while and then recheck the entire setup of the guitar to dial it in a bit better after it's had some playing time.

I'm gigging tonight and almost decided to use the guitar tonight, but decided against it, since I'm not that familiar with getting my tone from it yet.

The only issues with it so far are:

1. Audible pop sound when activating and deactivating the MCK.

2. A fair amount of hum present when using the neck pup....more than my liking.

Bottom line is I'm very pleased with the purchase and it is worth the cost. This is my first LP and what I'm very happy about is ...the crisp sound, string sustain and low weight of the guitar....it should be kind to my shoulders and back. I'm really looking forward to using the DF during sum of my studio recordings, once I can dial in the sounds I want from it. O:)

MLB- Congratulations on your new baby!

i know you have been jones-ing for this guitar for a while. Glad it arrived !!

I just checked ( DF 0711) and mine arrived at Gibson Repair yesterday and I will get a report on Friday.

2. A fair amount of hum present when using the neck pup....more than my liking.

But that P90H is a great sounding PU, Very close to my real '61 SG Special

MLB- Congratulations on your new baby!

i know you have been jones-ing for this guitar for a while. Glad it arrived !!

I just checked ( DF-0711) and mine arrived at Gibson Repair yesterday and I will get a report on Friday.

Elantric, thanks man ! I hope they turn yours around quickly for you.......but, one things for sure.....I expect that guitar will be puuuuuurefct before it leaves the plant this time. Hey, if you hear of any fix for the audible pop or the hum from the P90, pls lemmeknow.

They may have a software revision that might posibly sense the MCK is activated or deactivated and silence the output from the guitar, but not sure they will have a fix for the P90....only thought I have is install sum shielding in the control cavity and see if that helps at all.

Take care my friend ! O:)

Locka' date=' appreciate the info. Yep, am good to go mate. Yesterday, I had it sent next day air. It arrived about 2 hours ago. I didn't want the guitar sitting around loading docks and wanted the smallest amount of handling and hands on it as possible.

[/quote']

Sweet! My wife ordered mine (Christmas/Birthday) for me through the local Guitar Center and wasn't aware of the difference between Ground and Air transport, and they didn't tell her she had the option to have it sent by air. So -- Mine has gone from Nashville to Knoxville, Knoxville to Roanoke VA, Roanoke VA to Laurel MD, Laurel MD to ? Yikes. I hope it's in one piece when it gets here Friday. Anyway, have fun!

Archived