Gibson Brands Forums

What number dark fire are you?

DF-234

DF 0189. I think its the only one here in Brazil !!

Also mine is kind of heavy (way heavier than the Robots) and I love the neck, kind of the sum of the flat scale radius of the Zakk Camo and the round and chunck profile of the Zakk Bullseye. The DF feels more like a higher end LP than the Robot that is very similar to a Studio.

Very nice guitar, except for a minor "software" problems, like the noise and pops when using the MCK, hope they'll fix it !

Cheers.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are missing hundreds of owners on the registry

Also we are missing a significant number of Dark Fire owners participating here on the Forum. But I've learned this is typical. If I line up 10 of my wealthy Guitar playing friends , only 3 of them surf the web. You would think that every owner of a Dark Fire would be lost without this forum, but this is very typical.

I also run a Roland VG-99 Forum

www.vguitarforums.com

Roland US has sold around 6 thousand VG-99s in the USA - But at the VG-99 forum we have only 1200 members.

Even in this age of the highest Tech Guitar gear with frequent firmware updates. - there will still be a significant number of buyers who either don't have email / internet access, or are simply not interested in participating in on-line global communities.

Maybe some of the missing DF owners had a computer virus they had to battle for a week like I had to do! (Couldn't log onto my own machine 'till I conquered it)! Then there's that darn "Time" factor (meaning: there isn't enough time).

I just got back from El Centro, CA (near Baja Mexico) to find a RIP package waiting for me to install... Maybe I can do that tomorrow. :)

Sorry to hear about your plight. I am guessing Downandup got you which was the recent flavor of the month virus thing going... Mac users on the forum will cheer I'm sure as its a much less virus prone environment. I am seriously thinking of setting up a MacBook just for the music software and never connect it to the net except when I need to get updates for the Mac and/or the GR etc...

Even in this age of the highest Tech Guitar gear with frequent firmware updates. - there will still be a significant number of buyers who either don't have email / internet access' date=' or are simply not interested in participating in on-line global communities.

[/quote']

Hopefully it's latter reason; otherwise it beats the whole (may be a half, to me anyway) purpose of using Dark Fire. [-o<

BTW, nice to meet you, everyone! I recently joined, and mine's DF-0381. That dang red guitar sounds so good, although I like Jem neck better. (Sorry elantric, but I'm not a kid. =D> I wish, though.)

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignPublic/id:4528.1726853532/rid:af8ea55dc490d47dbbef0084ebafb3cb last one in the fresh from the forums section

seems that link doesnt work... hmmm well it was sent by gibson to my email on friday here is copy and paste idk how else to post it

Gibson Forums

FRESH FROM THE FORUMS

Show Off Your Les Paul Axcess?

Have a snapshot of your Les Paul Axcess? Post your pics here. Comment Now...

OTHER HOT TOPICS

Gibson ForumsScam From Craigslist?

Gibson ForumsIs My Gibson ES-135 2002 Blueburst A Fake?

Gibson ForumsWhat Number Dark Fire Are You?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DF 0637....and it is my FAVORITE guitar still

I will try to start a new post but will try here in case I can't...

Anyone know if the DF can hook up to Rock Band 3 on XBox ???

Fender has a real Squire Strat that will supposedly work with the game thru a MIDI controller. My guess is that the game works thru sounds thru the MIDI controller. May the DF has all the right stuff already. I've good a good imagination, but not so good computer skills. Someone out there should be able to answer this question.

I'm proud to add #2100 series number i am still purchased 1st mach 2011 in Spain i am trying to investigate if this nice guitar is getting the Gibson standard sound appart from the innovative digital technology for which i am still researching for.

Any of your experienced comment to encourage or defeat my new adquisition?

thank you first world users.:-)

Pathfinder

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived