Gibson Brands Forums

Drummer Dilema

Izzy

Izzy...

<grin>

Work on yer fingerpickin' or something workable as a solo backing. There's a comfort to doing a solo, regardless that it's just you to do well or not.

E.g., My first really big crowd when I was 19 and a semi-tame folksinger, I started off with a Carter Family piece I'd been doing for like three years, got halfway on the lyric and went brain dead on the next verse.

Plop. Flat brain dead.

So... just kept playing the guitar backing and BSed a bit, got the verse back in gear and finished the piece. Nobody had a clue.

With even a duo, it might have been more clumsy.

m

CB...

Laugh at this if you will, but most of the pretty girls I take pix of are in high school.

I love the rodeo club 'cuz they're in jeans and long sleeve shirts which are rodeo requirements. At school and sports events? I work harder at getting angles and such so they appear clothed than you might imagine - and that's not a joke.

BTW, just shot the local HS rodeo club state qualifiers. 20 of 28 kids made the state high school finals, mostly in timed events even though this definitely is bronc riding country. Go figure... There are a cupla girls that likely could do well at saddle bronc, but the rules don't let 'em. Boys and girls don't even compete in the same cutting division. Team roping is the only coed division and quite a few kids are awfully good. A local 7th grade team made it to Jr. Hi finals with a 6-second run.

Anyway... Izzy, yupper, you've got the right idea, too. Were you a boot-wearing cowgirl you could rig one to carry a scalpel. <grin>

m

Lets say one of you was a convicted sex offender and you were 100% innocent. Would you post on CL looking for a female singer and then offer to take pics of her?

If I were an innocent person, I would sure as hell continue to interact with fifty percent of the human population. And he didn't solicit you, you offered to have your photo taken without him actually asking you to. His misstep was he agreed, potentially putting himself in a sticky situation. Of course, as a type 1 offense, you are assuming his conviction was related to his previous profession.

You have every reason to pick and choose who you work with, you don't even need an explanation; but your reasoning here is based on implication.

Back to being a one girl band. [crying]

You have done the right thing. Don't worry.

I am sure you understand this but; anyone like that..their behaviour is or seems 'normal' to them and if they can get it to seem normal to you, then that is the main part of getting you under their control. Whether or not the guy seems sincere and a good drummer.

Best wishes.

Milod,

I really don't photograph "Models" anymore...of any age. I did, when I lived in California,

quite a lot! But now, sad to say...there are almost NO (what I would call) "model" figures,

around here! Most men and women, here...are way too "well fed!" The ones that have model

proportions, are in HS, or some early college aged girls, as well. But, even those are rare,

these days! What happened??! [scared]

But, any mention of "modeling" (even fully clothed "Fashion") and their current attitude (here)

is that (seemingly, at my age) "you're a pervert, if you want me to do that!" They've been

brainwashed, that way, apparently? And, with all the media frenzi, on the "dark side" of modeling,

who can blame them? Besides...frankly, with that attitude, I'll pass! These days, I'd much rather

not have to deal with their attitudes, and "entitlements," and just concentrate on "scenic's,"

weather photos, and "abstract-experimental" stuff. Some "Photojournalism," is always interesting

and welcomed. But, that rarely happens, here! So, I do the best I can, with what's interesting

(to me), and available! [biggrin]

CB

But now, sad to say...there are almost NO (what I would call) "model" figures,

around here! Most men and women, here...are way too "well fed!" The ones that have model

proportions, are in HS, or some early college aged girls, as well. But, even those are rare,

these days! What happened??! [scared]

But, any mention of "modeling" (even fully clothed "Fashion") and their current attitude (here)

is that (seemingly, at my age) "you're a pervert, if you want me to do that!" They've been

brainwashed, that way, apparently? And, with all the media frenzi, on the "dark side" of modeling,

who can blame them? CB

I want to say that I have done nude modeling before. It feels very different when someone is focusing on the form shade and perspective of an object which you inhabit (the body you're in). I do not and have never felt violated by the artist while I was being stared at and when I was on the other end of the it, drawing a naked person was stressgful because of time constraints and you know they have to switch possition and so on. I was never titilated by the act at all. I have respect for artists and I am lucky to be under 90lbs, meaning I bring an interesting object to the artist's view. Had I not found his past, I would have modeled with my friend in the room. It can be a safe and rewarding practice.

I want to say that I have done nude modeling before. It feels very different when someone is focusing on the form shade and perspective of an object which you inhabit (the body you're in). I do not and have never felt violated by the artist while I was being stared at and when I was on the other end of the it, drawing a naked person was stressgful because of time constraints and you know they have to switch possition and so on. I was never titilated by the act at all. I have respect for artists and I am lucky to be under 90lbs, meaning I bring an interesting object to the artist's view. Had I not found his past, I would have modeled with my friend in the room. It can be a safe and rewarding practice.

Well, were you closer, I'm sure we could make some wonderful images, together! :) But, as stated, there

are few such women with that kind of figure, in my current location! And, very conservative, if not downright

"paranoid" attitudes, at well. Sad! I've always enjoyed photographing models, in the past, both clothed,

and "nude," as I've always seen it as a collaboration, in the best sense. A Good/Great image, can only

be obtained, with that kind of trust and co-operation! Anything less, will be compromised, to some extent.

So, I hope you find a good photographer, to work with, as well, Izzy! [thumbup]

CB

Izzy, this is not a good thing! This guy has major childhood issues and may never be able to lead a normal life from this fact.

You need to change your number, delete that FB account and be aware of this guy if he decides to pop-up in your life again. He was likely lining you up for something bad, just how bad I hope you never have to know. Please don't do this sort of thing again, I don't really know you but we are all net-buddies here so I would feel bad for you as much as any of the other regular's here. Same goes for any of my FB friends that I don't know well but have been active with me and my other FB friend's.

If you want to meet up with some one you respond to (or responds to your add) from a Criagslist add or some thing like that, you tell them you will only meet them in a public place where YOU know some of the people that will be there. Your favorite hang-out where you have friends around you the whole night, If they say they don't prefer to do this then do NOT ever call them again! Take some time to get to know who this person is and there friends.

People who want to do bad things want to isolate the victim's so they have no one around to get in the way.

If you really didn't give him your home address and stuff you should be Ok but stay alert just in-case, I'm not trying to scare you just being a friend.

Two things:

One: I give people the benefit of the doubt and I felt terrible being prejudice but consider the following...

Lets say one of you was a convicted sex offender and you were 100% innocent. Would you post on CL looking for a female singer and then offer to take pics of her?

If I had bee convicted of molesting a little boy I can assure you I would STAY AWAY from kids. I wouldn't put out an ad as a babysitter. This is weather you're a perv or not...if you don't want to be in trouble over that sort of thing ever again, you stay out of situations that may lead someone to accuse you. All the more if you really are a perv and want to keep temptation at bay.

Back to being a one girl band. [crying]

I hear your point Izzy but keep in mind your saying this as a person without the sickness or desire ..but for people who are sick the " normal " rational doesn't apply.......keep the positive look, something will happen.....this just had some bad signs is all.

Izzy, there are good drummers out there, that ARE NOT "Sex offenders!" :rolleyes:

Change your locks, change your phone number, and anything else, he knows about!

(I'm dead serious, about this!) Seeming to be "helpless," even "blind" (around you)

may be only his MODUS OPERANDI. True, it may not be? BUT, WHY!!!...take the chance?!

Get Away, from him...PLEASE!

CB

This is good advice (as is everyone else above). Some sex offenders tell the most amazing stories to "get close" to their intended victims. And the planning that goes into it can be intricate and last (believe it or not) years before the move in.

As Charlie says all this may be terribly unfair but your safety comes first.

As others have said he may be breaking some sort of probation / release terms and a report to the Police may be apposite but that is your call.

I know what you mean about just leaving it dead and walking away because I am a bit like that too. You could write a note saying what you have found out and making it clear that there is no road back. However, to be honest I think you are probably safest by just keeping clear.

I'm sorry for the following. The matter seems to have been resolved, and rightly. Nobody harmed, the original poster in our place is better for it. So it's been like a dreadfully serious thread, so I have not brought any usenet/intarwebz stupidity to it. Until now. So, again, I'm sorry, I apologize ahead of time. The quote and the short answer are just usenet comedy gold.

I want to say that I have done nude modeling before.

I have a shi1tty digital camera from QVC and a DR-880. Where do I sign?

rct

I'm sorry for the following. The matter seems to have been resolved, and rightly. Nobody harmed, the original poster in our place is better for it. So it's been like a dreadfully serious thread, so I have not brought any usenet/intarwebz stupidity to it. Until now. So, again, I'm sorry, I apologize ahead of time. The quote and the short answer are just usenet comedy gold.

I have a shi1tty digital camera from QVC and a DR-880. Where do I sign?

rct

A good guitarist can rock a harmony from wallmart...I reckon in the right hands the sh1tty camera could yield great results, lol [flapper]

Drop him like a red hot poker Izzy.Sex offenders have a very high rate of recidivism.Only very prolonged and intensive treatment in a facility that's geared to dealing with sexual predators etc. will give any sex offender any chance of being "cured" and even then the success rate is well below !00%.Usually the case is: Once a sex offender,always a sex offender.Sex offenders are ticking time bombs, when their urges hit them they have no control over them and end up acting out.You have to get away from him and in the meantime don't ever get yourself in a situation where you'd be alone with him.Sex offenders become very adept at gaining people's trust and putting them at ease-especially those that they are most likely to target.These people are sly cunning chameleons who can change from being a harmless,friendly geek to an evil,violent monster in the blink of an eye.

A good guitarist can rock a harmony from wallmart...I reckon in the right hands the sh1tty camera could yield great results, lol [flapper]

Thank you for not being offended.

rct

Archived