Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foofighterjase

New Firebird at last in white!!!

Just got my New Firebird v 2010 ended up going and getting it from Richtone Music in Sheffield in the end ad has been the best one out of 5 that ive looked at over the past 3 and half months!!! Richtone also price matched Andertons in london by knocking £50 off the price and also threw in a top quallity Levys strap too for free!! Big thanks to the shop they were awsome!!!!

So i have a question for all you firebird owners out there with 2010 birds on the top of the steinberger tuners there are small T peice tops that you turn to losen the string what i want to know is whats the allen key size for this tiny grub screw as mine is a tad loose and just wanna nip it up!!! Any help on this would be good please guys!! Cheerz!

post-56043-009062800 1371508926_thumb.jpg

Sorry, Can't help with the allen size, but WOW, that is a great looking guitar. I've kind of had LP/JR/SP fever lately, but I love the looks of that firebird!

NHTom

Excellent news, Jase! My Firebird is the best guitar I have ever owned, better than my Les Paul, and for 10 years, that was the best guitar I've owned. SO playable. [thumbup]

Thanks dudes it has been one hell of a jaunt and quite a few miles in the clock to find the perfect one but 3 months later its been worth it !!! Tonight when i got home from work i just stood and looked at it for half an hour and thought at last is this really mine!! Damn straight!!! The gloss is so high too compared to the one in guitar guitar from two weeks ago that was well rough paintwise!! I did try the gold one 50th anniversary is it?? That was nice and looked good with gold hardware too but i must say i made the trip again for the white one so that was the one for me in the end and im glad i did!!! Oh and that smell in the case too when you open it wow!!! Like a vanilla?? Not sure what they put in but it sure smells great lol!!!!

Ha, yes the case smell! It doesn't diminish quickly - mine is still the same. Gets into your fingers from the fretboard too!

White is much nicer than the gold 50th anniversary, IMO. Enjoy playing it, mate. [thumbup]

I wish you could buy that smell in car air freshner lol id buy that any day!!! Yeah i thought that about the gold version too looked a bit tacky??? Did like the gold hardware though!!! How long did it take your strings to bed in nice after you changed them the first time?? The store put somecnew ones on for me of my choise so i went for some Daddarios 10 gauge!! Think they were gibson 10's on there before?? It was bit buzzy when i first tryed it but they set it up while i waited and banged the new strings on of my choise!!

I got mine set up by a luthier friend. It's definitely worth doing. There was just a bit too much relief on the neck. My bottom E is a little buzzy, but I'm prepared to pay that as the price for a low action. The tuners are the best I've come across, and the strings don't go out of tune nearly as much when new as they do on my LP.