Gibson Brands Forums

My mother

moparguy

My mother called and said that she was driving to Walmart and kept hearing a meow, When she got there she heard it again and opened her hood and this little angel was under there . 009_zps6a28ddeb.jpg 013_zps071595a9.jpg 014_zpsa338710c.jpg 017_zpscd1e886f.jpg she took him to the vet and he is healthy, he is about 3 months old and mom doesnt know how he got under her hood

Oh, boy...

Ain't the first time I've heard similar tales. OTOH, some who discover the source of the mewing ain't as compassionate and accepting after this or similar "gee, where did that poor kitty come from?"

In full disclosure, our household has a cat named "Bob" who lacks a tail. We figure it was coyotes. A lady allergic to cats picked up the bloody kitten a cupla dozen miles from any town, brought it to the chamber of commerce where my lady wife worked and... For what it's worth, he can be mean enough as a "watch-cat" to take out just about anybody or anything he wants to, short of a six-foot croc.

m

He's one lucky kitty to not have been hurt. I had the same type thing happen a few years ago and am in danger of it starting again. My neighbor feeds the strays so they hang around of course. They then breed of course. It can get chilly even here in Miami so the mother cat will take her kittens into the car engines for warmth. I would have to open my hood and check and remove kittens if need be before I could take the kids to school every morning. One kitten didn't make it out from under the hood one of the times, it was very disturbing for years to my kids and myself. I then bought a cage for trapping raccoons and opossums, caught the adult cats, and the kittens. I was able to find homes for the kittens but the adults went to a nice little park way away from me.

Tell your mom to watch out for the kitties brothers and sisters. msp_scared.gif

He's one lucky kitty to not have been hurt. I had the same type thing happen a few years ago and am in danger of it starting again. My neighbor feeds the strays so they hang around of course. They then breed of course. It can get chilly even here in Miami so the mother cat will take her kittens into the car engines for warmth. I would have to open my hood and check and remove kittens if need be before I could take the kids to school every morning. One kitten didn't make it out from under the hood one of the times, it was very disturbing for years to my kids and myself. I then bought a cage for trapping raccoons and opossums, caught the adult cats, and the kittens. I was able to find homes for the kittens but the adults went to a nice little park way away from me.

Tell your mom to watch out for the kitties brothers and sisters. msp_scared.gif

I feel your pain. Even though I'm not a "cat person" (I'm allergic as hell), I had a real bad experience about 35 years ago. I was renting a second floor apt and my downstairs landlord had a cat. One day I started my engine only to hear some serious screeching and "thumpity, thump" type of sounds. Shut things down real quick to see said LL's cat limping away, bleeding badly (he didn't make it). He had curled up in the fan housing (think mid 70's cars) for the warmth unknown to me. To this day, I've never forgotten that sound and the remorse for what happened, even though it had never happened before, or since.

Yeah, that's one lucky little kitty. [thumbup]

302237_10150864963025602_877777007_n.jpg

On the left is Bugsy, who we got at the shelter in February 2011. Not sure of her history.

On the right is Smoki, who showed up on our front porch in the fall of 2001. No idea how old she is. She looks exactly the same 12 years later. There may be a picture in the attic of an ancient cat.

In the center is Baylee. In the summer of 2011 my oldest daughter and her boyfriend were driving down the road and witnessed her get dropped off from a car out in the country. They stopped and picked her up. Her eyes have crusty crap on them all the time and the vet doesn't seem to have a fix.

Baylee's tail has a couple kinks in it. I've since found out (through facebook friends and the white trash gossip circles) she and her sister were horribly abused and the other cat died. The boys in the family used to pick her up by the tail and whip her, thus breaking her tail twice.

Someday they'll have to answer for that.

302237_10150864963025602_877777007_n.jpg

On the left is Bugsy, who we got at the shelter in February 2011. Not sure of her history.

On the right is Smoki, who showed up on our front porch in the fall of 2001. No idea how old she is. She looks exactly the same 12 years later. There may be a picture in the attic of an ancient cat.

In the center is Baylee. In the summer of 2011 my oldest daughter and her boyfriend were driving down the road and witnessed her get dropped off from a car out in the country. They stopped and picked her up. Her eyes have crusty crap on them all the time and the vet doesn't seem to have a fix.

Baylee's tail has a couple kinks in it. I've since found out (through facebook friends and the white trash gossip circles) she and her sister were horribly abused and the other cat died. The boys in the family used to pick her up by the tail and whip her, thus breaking her tail twice.

Someday they'll have to answer for that.

This is Alex, I found him where I work, he was about 6 months old, he is 3 now I think, he came out from under a car and climbed into my lap and the rest is history, his paws were bleeding when I got him home, after a vet visit he is king of the house( he thinks ) 054_zps4d878459.jpg

That little guy was lucky that he didn't get caught up in any moving parts or get burned up by a hot manifold pipe.Every winter in our area we hear of cats getting caught up in fan belts and serpentine belts,the cats crawl up into the engine compartment to get warm.On winter day a co-worker got in her car and started it and was startled by the loud noises coming from under her hood,she got the engineer from the boiler room to check it out and I won't go into details about what they faced when she popped the hood.Since that day I always make some kind of noise-either bang on the hood or blow the horn during the winter months so I won't have to have that kind of thing on my conscience.

Her eyes have crusty crap on them all the time and the vet doesn't seem to have a fix.

Yeah, one of mine does that. Doc sez its the tear duct getting clogged, and is just a chronic condition in some cats. We have some good quality time, and he sees and hears the paper towel or napkin being torn and just purrs, he knows he's getting his peepers spit washed.

Furthermore, all of you will be handsomely rewarded in the next life for your exemplary treatment of those that are weaker than you. All of the world needs more people like all yalls yall.

rct

Archived