Gibson Brands Forums

Firebird players what strings are you using??

foofighterjase

So to all you Firebird players out there or owners around the world whats your strings of choise what make do you find offers you best sound on your Bird and what gauge are you using too?? Have you ever changed gauge?? And if so what were the results good or bad?? At the moment im finding Daddario 10's my string of choise but whats yours????

I've used Gibson Vintage Reissues for many years now. I used to be 009 man, but the shop who sold me the Firebird told me to stick with the 010s. I'm now pretty much used to them. [smile]

• 3 weeks later...

Ernie Ball 11-48, they are a little harder to play on the upper frets, but no other problems.

My strat has 11-48 and I love it because I'm NOT delicate with my picking and I'm not breaking strings too often.

I'm thinking of 12-50 or 11-50 since it would tighten up the bass strings for my right hand WindMill style.

its a 2012 FV

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So to all you Firebird players out there or owners around the world whats your strings of choise what make do you find offers you best sound on your Bird and what gauge are you using too?? Have you ever changed gauge?? And if so what were the results good or bad?? At the moment im finding Daddario 10's my string of choise but whats yours????

9's Ernie Ball.

Archived