Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Summer

saturn

Hello!

Yesterday, and the day before, it was 40 degrees Celsius here. I though, I would die! Seriously!

Now, it's only around 30.

It's insane! Until a couple of years ago, there were four seasons. Now it's only two: a rainy and cold one, and an extremely hot and dry. Something went wrong with global A/C system...

Cheers... Bence

Since we are living on an island and since we became a British colony in 1583 a lot of us made our living on the sea,consequently the weather was very important and over the years many old fishermen developed an uncanny ability to forecast when a storm was coming or when we were in for some nice weather.Anyway the old fishermen held on to one belief that has been mostly the way the weather patterns for summer turn out.The old fishermen used to say that whatever direction the wind was when the sun crossed the line-the Tropic of Capricorn-that would be the prevailing wind for the summer.Today and yesterday the wind was southwest which means that it came up from the southern US and will gve us a great summer.Last summer the wind was the same way and we had the warmest summer in over 100 years.The summer before the wind was North when the sun "crossed the line" and we had the worst summer ever recorded both for temps and precipitation.Now if my back and the old mitts can hold out,I can get to work on my garden.

Hello!

Yesterday, and the day before, it was 40 degrees Celsius here. I though, I would die! Seriously!

Now, it's only around 30.

It's insane! Until a couple of years ago, there were four seasons. Now it's only two: a rainy and cold one, and an extremely hot and dry. Something went wrong with global A/C system...

Cheers... Bence

Too hot for me too. 18 degrees here in deepest England. Cold even for a British summer. I Think you guys in Hungary have stolen all the sun

Archived