Gibson Brands Forums

Show them 2013 Sg models

sellen

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love my 2013 Sg original. Really well built, great sound and feel.

Nice SG Original, sellen!

I wil post pics of my new SG—whichever model I decide on—once I've got her! I hope it'll be ok to post a pic of it, in the event I score 2012 close-out model! :rolleyes:

Talked me into it! [biggrin]

Top (late 2012) '61 "Satin" finish SG. Bottom, 2013 SG "Original."

DSC_0779.jpg

Closer body shot, of the "Original."

DSC_1114copy_zps6aa1acd6.jpg

"Original" headstock with added (by me) 61 "Les Paul" TRC.

DSC_0769-1.jpg

Finally, a shot of the front and back upper bout areas, showing the deep beveling, and

horn tapering.

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0773-1.jpg

[biggrin] LOVE IT!!

CB

Charlie

Those picks are awesome!!!

Love that wood grain on your Original, now rid of that daft plastic protection on the pickguard [biggrin]

Darling 67

Have you considered those new 60 tribute with burstbucker 1-2. Saw one in my local store, looked really cool. They also had those new Sg deluxe [drool] but those are expensive

Darling 67

Have you considered those new 60 tribute with burstbucker 1-2. Saw one in my local store, looked really cool. They also had those new Sg deluxe [drool] but those are expensive

They look really cool those tributes (50s, 60s, 70s and Future), there are demos of them all You Tube. The only thing that puts me off them is the lack of a pickguard tbh, the 50s with P90s would be my first choice.

Charlie

Those picks are awesome!!!

Love that wood grain on your Original, now rid of that daft plastic protection on the pickguard [biggrin]

Darling 67

LOL, it's gone...those were taken the day I came home, from my dealer's store, with that guitar! [biggrin]

CB

They look really cool those tributes (50s, 60s, 70s and Future), there are demos of them all You Tube. The only thing that puts me off them is the lack of a pickguard tbh, the 50s with P90s would be my first choice.

My feelings, exactly! I'd have my mind made up on a "50's Tribute" in sunburst... but the lack of pick guard is really off-putting! If I got one of those, I'd have to find a pick guard that would fit it, and not look slapped on. With the neck running all the way to the neck pick up, that could pose a challenge, however!

Grrrrrr! How can you produce an SG w/out at least the half-size pick guard???? :angry: [angry][-([-X

My feelings, exactly! I'd have my mind made up on a "50's Tribute" in sunburst... but the lack of pick guard is really off-putting! If I got one of those, I'd have to find a pick guard that would fit it, and not look slapped on. With the neck running all the way to the neck pick up, that could pose a challenge, however!

Grrrrrr! How can you produce an SG w/out at least the half-size pick guard???? :angry: [angry][-([-X

+1

You know I would have gone for one of those 'Tribute' models if they the guard, as it is I'll save more money and go for the standard. I see the LP's are the same, a real shame imo.

Darling 67

No, I haven't sellen. I kind'a have my mind made up on a P-90-sportin' model. There are several out there, but it seems each of them has almost everything I want! If I can create ONE guitar out of like three, I'd be good to go! [laugh]

+1

You know I would have gone for one of those 'Tribute' models if they the guard, as it is I'll save more money and go for the standard. I see the LP's are the same, a real shame imo.

Yeah, the Standard P-90 looks good. I was also looking at the Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute (w/P-90's). Those are sharp-looking guitars—particularly the honey burst and the white. Watched a youtube demo of them, and they sound as good as they look.

I really need to win the lottery!

That SG deluxe is killing me, everytime I hit the search engine for Gibson SG on Google that comes up......I want one so bad I can taste the damn thing!! [lol]

That SG deluxe is killing me, everytime I hit the search engine for Gibson SG on Google that comes up......I want one so bad I can taste the damn thing!! [lol]

If you're going to taste it, then make sure to get the Lime Burst! Refreshing!

[omg]

If you're going to taste it, then make sure to get the Lime Burst! Refreshing!

[omg]

They all look great, but the orange is my favourite! [thumbup]

Tastes obviously in my mind like - mmmm....Oranges... [laugh]

SGDXOTCB1-2.JPG

My local guitar shop just got one in, and it looks amazing [thumbup]

But i thought the new Sg J they had in also looked supercool. But i do love all sg's [biggrin]

My local guitar shop just got one in, and it looks amazing [thumbup]

But i thought the new Sg J they had in also looked supercool. But i do love all sg's [biggrin]

What is the mark up price in the USA? Just curious as they sell for nearly £2,000 here in the UK, that's I think nearly $3,000, or near abouts. Just thinking about how much import duty we pay here for Gibson guitars. I might even wait until I go on my vacation this year to the US and pick one up there, I've done that with guitars before, just as long as you take all sale stickers etc off the customs let you through. Last time I did it, I told the customs guy that I was jamming with a friend, and had taken the guitar into the country in the first place - onto the plane I went. [biggrin]

What is the mark up price in the USA? Just curious as they sell for nearly £2,000 here in the UK, that's I think nearly $3,000, or near abouts. Just thinking about how much import duty we pay here for Gibson guitars. I might even wait until I go on my vacation this year to the US and pick one up there, I've done that with guitars before, just as long as you take all sale stickers etc off the customs let you through. Last time I did it, I told the customs guy that I was jamming with a friend, and had taken the guitar into the country in the first place - onto the plane I went. [biggrin]

I'm from Norway so i pay more and less the same as you.

Took a quick check , and there's some to save. Maybe 300-500 $. But then you have to drag it through custom at the way home. But it's cool to travel on a Sg mission [biggrin]

Depending on which state you buy in, you can avoid sales tax (typically 5-10%) by ordering one online and having shipped to you. In the US, online retailers don't charge sales tax unless they have a physical presence in the state to which they ship. (at least that's how it is at the moment, they're looking to change that). You roll the dice on buying a guitar sight unseen, but save a bit of money. Or, buy in one of the few states without sales tax like New Hampshire or Delaware. Not exactly top destination points for a European traveller, but if you're in Philadelphia or DC, Delaware isn't too far away.

Depending on which state you buy in, you can avoid sales tax (typically 5-10%) by ordering one online and having shipped to you. In the US, online retailers don't charge sales tax unless they have a physical presence in the state to which they ship. (at least that's how it is at the moment, they're looking to change that). You roll the dice on buying a guitar sight unseen, but save a bit of money. Or, buy in one of the few states without sales tax like New Hampshire or Delaware. Not exactly top destination points for a European traveller, but if you're in Philadelphia or DC, Delaware isn't too far away.

That's great thanks for the advice! [thumbup]

Archived