Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Homz...

Murph

I've been working extra, killing deer, making jerky, and gigging, but remember you asking about Victoria amps a few days (or weeks) ago, but couldn't find it in my 30 second, not including a drink of beer, search.....

Anyhow, I've only played/heard 1 once. At Gruhns in Nashville several years ago. I was looking at Gibson acoustics, but a guy was playing an ES-335 through a Victoria with a single 15. If memory serves, it was a "mojo" speaker. Sounded awesome. Later, when I was about to go into the studio for the DOUBLE AUGHT project, a friend of mine in Va. was building "Opus" drums. He actually built the snare for our CD. Anyhow, he was renting some space to Mike Holland (Holland Amps) and brought me a little Holland to check out. It was a 2;10 combo, (Fanes) about 40 watts and used the same transformers that the Victorias did. The amp was really nice, but had ZERO headroom, and I turned it down.

The Victorias are built much more like the old Fenders, and had a much cleaner, bell like tone. I've been tempted to check them out again, as that one really did sound good.

Best of luck.

Murph.

I've been working extra' date=' killing deer, making jerky, and gigging, but remember you asking about Victoria amps a few days (or weeks) ago, but couldn't find it in my 30 second, not including a drink of beer, search.....

Anyhow, I've only played/heard 1 once. At Gruhns in Nashville several years ago. I was looking at Gibson acoustics, but a guy was playing an ES-335 through a Victoria with a single 15. If memory serves, it was a "mojo" speaker. Sounded awesome. Later, when I was about to go into the studio for the DOUBLE AUGHT project, a friend of mine in Va. was building "Opus" drums. He actually built the snare for our CD. Anyhow, he was renting some space to Mike Holland (Holland Amps) and brought me a little Holland to check out. It was a 2;10 combo, (Fanes) about 40 watts and used the same transformers that the Victorias did. The amp was really nice, but had ZERO headroom, and I turned it down.

The Victorias are built much more like the old Fenders, and had a much cleaner, bell like tone. I've been tempted to check them out again, as that one really did sound good.

Best of luck.

Murph.[/quote']

I saw one at GC was there on a trade in. Mint condition, wish I had played through it.

BTW what band are you in? Any one I might have herd of?

Archived