Gibson Brands Forums

3 Min-eTune Questions

Inside The Grave

Hello,

I just bought a SG Standard with the Min-eTune (I was split between the SG Original and the Standard with Min-eTune). I have 2 questions for the advanced users and/or the people that have used this system for more time :

1. If I want to remove the Min-eTune system (as it came stock from Factory), when I take it off, the back of my SG will have the "MADE IN USA 2013" legend ?

2. If I take it off will I need to make new holes for regular tuners ? or the holes will be there ?

3. I'm having a very hard time making it tune to Open C#, have anyone tried to save/program your own down-tuned tunnings ? (open C, open B, etc)

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just bought a SG Standard with the Min-eTune (I was split between the SG Original and the Standard with Min-eTune). I have 2 questions for the advanced users and/or the people that have used this system for more time :

1. If I want to remove the Min-eTune system (as it came stock from Factory), when I take it off, the back of my SG will have the "MADE IN USA 2013" legend ?

2. If I take it off will I need to make new holes for regular tuners ? or the holes will be there ?

3. I'm having a very hard time making it tune to Open C#, have anyone tried to save/program your own down-tuned tunnings ? (open C, open B, etc)

Best Regards

1. It is likely the normal stamps would be there.

2. You will likely need to put holes in place for the extra screw if you are using Grover or Gibson tuners.

3. On Min-Etune, it uses the same vibration tech that a clip on headstock tuner uses. I find these in general have a hard time with low notes... most of them STINK for Bass... so I'm guessing you'll need extra fat strings to get enough vibration for Min-Etune to hear you. Original Robot, Darkfire, etc.... listen for pitch at the bridge, so they work better with low tunings.

Archived