Gibson Brands Forums

Need some advice please.

brownsound

Wow it's Been a long time since I was here.

Anyhow I need some advice. I have 2 Gibson,s that I love dearly. I have some bills I need to take care of so I'm going to have to part with one of them.

1999 les Paul classic . 1960 gold top .mint condition. If it was in a store it could pass for nos . It's that clean and mint..owned since new.

2005 or 06 I forget . Sg reissue small pick guard the rare blue color. Second owner on this one.. It's also prestine no marks could also pass as nos .

I like the play and sound of both pretty equally. I could be happy with eaither .

My question is this. Wich one on down the road will have a better value. I mean I can't play forever. I. Am 49 now. I take great care of anything I own it's just me. When the time does come to hang it up I'd like a decent return on it.. I learned early in life, to treat my stuff well because it pays you back to do so. I tend to think the classic might have the, better return down the road. What do you guys think ?

Let me see if I can figure out how to reduce image size on an iPad image if so ill add pic,s. thanks guys..

Hmm pics still to big let me see what I can do

Wow can't reduce small enough on a tablet. Oh well you guys know what they look like ..

most people open up a photobucket.com account for free.

upload their pictures there and just paste the URL link in the forums add picture icon

Yeah that's an idea just need time to do. It at work maybe later . I'm just asking wich one would be worth more down the road

Yeah that's an idea just need time to do. It at work maybe later . I'm just asking wich one would be worth more down the road

Anybody that could tell you that is busy at the Wizards and Conjurors Annual Ball.

rct

Haaaaaa

Rct..

but he is right, there is no way of telling which one will be worth more down the road than the other.

Think of all those that sold/traded away all those Gibson Les Paul's from 1957 to 1960

keep the one that brings the biggest smile to your face.

Wow it's Been a long time since I was here.

Anyhow I need some advice. I have 2 Gibson,s that I love dearly. I have some bills I need to take care of so I'm going to have to part with one of them.

1999 les Paul classic . 1960 gold top .mint condition. If it was in a store it could pass for nos . It's that clean and mint..owned since new.

2005 or 06 I forget . Sg reissue small pick guard the rare blue color. Second owner on this one.. It's also prestine no marks could also pass as nos .

I like the play and sound of both pretty equally. I could be happy with eaither .

My question is this. Wich one on down the road will have a better value. I mean I can't play forever. I. Am 49 now. I take great care of anything I own it's just me. When the time does come to hang it up I'd like a decent return on it.. I learned early in life, to treat my stuff well because it pays you back to do so. I tend to think the classic might have the, better return down the road. What do you guys think ?

Let me see if I can figure out how to reduce image size on an iPad image if so ill add pic,s. thanks guys..

Hmm pics still to big let me see what I can do

Wow can't reduce small enough on a tablet. Oh well you guys know what they look like ..

Gosh, I HATE to see anyone in this postion! [crying] Having to sell their beloved gutiar(s), just

to pay some bills! That's Terrible! No short term loans (from a good Bank, NOT "loan sharks!!"),

available, to see you through?

Without photos, it's hard to say...but first...Is your SG a '61 Reissue, in "Pelham Blue," or

some such?! IF so, that's fairly rare, so would "probably" bring a decent return, down the road.

LP "Classic's" are great gutiars, but there are SO many great Les Paul's, and so many are quite

similar, especially in the Les Paul "Standard" format, which is what (essentially) the "Classic"

is, that...although it will hold it's value, maybe increase a bit, it probably won't be as much

a consideration, that way, as a "rare" finish/color, on an '61 SG Reissue. BUT, one never knows,

for sure! [tongue]

Good Luck, whatever you decide.

CB

Sorry to hear situations like this.

I know it depends on your situation. Maybe ask yourself how much $ you need; and sell the one that will meet your financial needs. If both your guitars cost the same on the market, then keep the one you will play the most. Or if urgency is your need, then place an ad for both and sell the guitar that sells first.

As a consolation... they're just "things" that you can always buy again, unless there's something sentimental with one of them.

...good luck.

Firstly, there are far more Classics kicking around so if at any time in the future you wish to pick one or other up again it would be a simpler matter to replace the Classic.

The Re-issue will also probably hold value better but, understandably, probably make more money now.

P.

Archived