Gibson Brands Forums

It's Coming Soon!

huffy

Hi everyone, just joined the site today and have been reading alot of posts about the Les Paul and i must say there is some interesting reading especially about the Les Paul fakes.

I live in Australia and the local Music shop is having a 30% discount on all gibson make and models for this month only. So I'd been surfing the net and then came across this guy

and I was instantly attracted to the far one on the right which turned out to the most expensive one (trust me to pick most expenisve one).

Headed off to the shop and placed the guitar on Layby and I'm now in the dog house with the wife [unsure] . I have a Marshall JVM 410, so I'm hoping the Les Paul is going to sound sweet through this amp. When the guitar arrives ill post some photos.

Cheers

Mick

I have a Marshall JVM 410, so I'm hoping the Les Paul is going to sound sweet through this amp.

Welcome to the LP Fan Club [biggrin]

You can count on it: LP and Marshall are a very nice pair !!!

BTW: Listen to what the guy said in the video ... his current favorite is the Signatur T ... mine too! So it doesn't need to be the most expensive model to get you grinning. Don't miss to test the Signature T and Traditional models ... they can easily beat several higher priced models depending on personal taste.

Welcome to the LP Fan Club [biggrin]

You can count on it: LP and Marshall are a very nice pair !!!

BTW: Listen to what the guy said in the video ... his current favorite is the Signatur T ... mine too! So it doesn't need to be the most expensive model to get you grinning. Don't miss to test the Signature T and Traditional models ... they can easily beat several higher priced models depending on personal taste.

Very good advice.I have the Signature T,Vintage Sunburst.Great TONE and the 57pups are awesome.The push pull volume control for single coil/humbucker gives you 6 differant tones plus using the tone controls,you can nail about any stle.I play through an old Marshall Artist 3203(made in 1984)w/4-10" speackers. After watching the video again and re-reading your post,I think you are talking about the Signature T.

Guest Farnsbarns

Welcome to the forum. Good choice on the LP/Marshall partnership. Don't worry about being in the dog house, you're gonna want to be somewhere where you can make some noise anyway!

..., you're gonna want to be somewhere where you can make some noise anyway!

For that case I have a Pocket Pod and a good Beyerdynamic headphone, which let me rock anywhere, even on the balcony, without disturbing anybody. Highly recommended ;-)

• 2 months later...

Hello Huffy,

congrats on your great purchase. [thumbup]

The Les Paul Supreme looks great with the Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish. I think the Richlite fretboards play nicely - I have one on my SG Supra. Glad you like the sound. Rock on! :-({|=

Cheers,

capmaster

Hi Huffy

Welcome from another newbie and a congratulation on your new guitar

hope you have as much fun as I am having at the moment with mine ( i got the one to the left of your in premium flame tea burst)

looks like your be taking the wife on a nice holiday very soon [thumbup]

all the best

one other thing ive noticed the G string always goes out of tune.

Put on a fresh set of Gibson Brite wires in .10-.46 and check the nut slot before tuning. A bit of graphite might help in the slot. If that doesn't help, a luthier can take care of the problem in a few minutes. It's very unlikely, that there's a problem with the tuner.

one other thing ive noticed the G string always goes out of tune. How do I prevent this from occuring, or is it a gibson fault with their guitars?

Nobody's fault... [biggrin]

Wound 3rds are less likely to go out of tune

Typical electric 9 and 10 gauge strings have a single strand 3rd which easily goes out of tune (on any guitar)

As mentioned, checking/lubing the nut grooves may help

V

:-({|=

one other thing ive noticed the G string always goes out of tune. How do I prevent this from occuring, or is it a gibson fault with their guitars?

Put on a fresh set of Gibson Brite wires in .10-.46 and check the nut slot before tuning. A bit of graphite might help in the slot. If that doesn't help, a luthier can take care of the problem in a few minutes. It's very unlikely, that there's a problem with the tuner.

Nobody's fault... [biggrin]

Wound 3rds are less likely to go out of tune

Typical electric 9 and 10 gauge strings have a single strand 3rd which easily goes out of tune (on any guitar)

As mentioned, checking/lubing the nut grooves may help

V

:-({|=

The easiest way to bring graphite into a nut slot is to use a pencil. Their leads consist mainly of graphite, and the clay therein is not adverse.

Archived