Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby trem and '56 Goldtop

Guest felixq78

Guest felixq78

I've been considering installing a Bigsby for a few years but the thought of drilling any holes into my Goldtop has held me back. I've also been concerned about tuning problems, at the moment my axe will stay in tune even under the most extreme conditions.

Will a Bigsby change this?

I've heard that a Bigsby will improve sustain, if that's true I can live with a hole or two.

Does anyone have first hand experience of this?

I have one one my studio that i added a few years ago. personally i love it. it added a bit more sustain to the guitar from what i remember. tuning is only an issue for me with crappy strings, or old strings. as long as i keep a good set on and play it regularly it stays in tune fine. oh and i found if it didnt stay in tune it was the nut that was the problem.

n504707030_667458_2915.jpg

this is a pic from a few years ago when i had a fishman powerbridge on the guitar as well. its gone now and the hardware matches again. cant find the camera to take a new pic.

I have one one my studio that i added a few years ago. personally i love it. it added a bit more sustain to the guitar from what i remember. tuning is only an issue for me with crappy strings' date=' or old strings. as long as i keep a good set on and play it regularly it stays in tune fine. oh and i found if it didnt stay in tune it was the nut that was the problem.

[img']http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v188/92/109/504707030/n504707030_667458_2915.jpg[/img]

this is a pic from a few years ago when i had a fishman powerbridge on the guitar as well. its gone now and the hardware matches again. cant find the camera to take a new pic.

beautiful guitar man

its called a stetsbar

check them on the interwebs

...actually no, the STETSBAR is a completely different thing... not a bigsby noot an adapter... it is a trem system. I preffer the looks of the bigsby, but the stetsbar works better. You know what works best? A kahler trem. No re routing necesary, you just use the holes already in your guitar (stop tail and bridge holes).

Archived