Gibson Brands Forums

Recommended Spare Parts

Spool

Can anyone provide a recommended spare parts list along with a parts source of supply for a Synapse SS-2F in addition to the OEM? Given no guitar store maintains any inventory for these guitars I want to make sure that I have an adequate supply of parts. I will be traveling extensively with this guitar and do not want to be left with a dead instrument awaiting parts. Also can anyone let me know of high failure items and what to look for? Thanks.

Can anyone provide a recommended spare parts list along with a parts source of supply for a Synapse SS-2F in addition to the OEM? Given no guitar store maintains any inventory for these guitars I want to make sure that I have an adequate supply of parts. I will be traveling extensively with this guitar and do not want to be left with a dead instrument awaiting parts. Also can anyone let me know of high failure items and what to look for? Thanks.

There is nothing apart from the spare parts list that's officially available. And since production of both the Synapse and the ZT3 seems to have come to an end, get the parts from the (only) available source (which is the authorized Gibson service) as long as they are available. If they are available there at all.

Bernd

There is nothing apart from the spare parts list that's officially available. And since production of both the Synapse and the ZT3 seems to have come to an end, get the parts from the (only) available source (which is the authorized Gibson service) as long as they are available. If they are available there at all.

Bernd

Thanks Bernd, I'm in the process of ordering some spares from Gibson, specifically the jaws, which in my view would be items that would potentially fail. I was looking at the headpiece as well. I don't plan on using any other strings other than the dbl ball type so that should be ok. I was hoping the folks at BG Stainless would start making parts as well. They seem to be a good supplier for the original Steinberger models.

I was hoping the folks at BG Stainless would start making parts as well. They seem to be a good supplier for the original Steinberger models.

Well, if there's enough demand, they will probably provide those parts, too. I don't know… the spare parts situation for current Steinbergers is a sad story. While you may get the requested parts for a Synapse, there is NO SINGLE PART available for the ZT3/Transtrem 3. And the TT3 will need replacement parts. Definitely. But I don't know if the sold numbers justify any 3rd party developments.

Bernd

Well, if there's enough demand, they will probably provide those parts, too. I don't know… the spare parts situation for current Steinbergers is a sad story. While you may get the requested parts for a Synapse, there is NO SINGLE PART available for the ZT3/Transtrem 3. And the TT3 will need replacement parts. Definitely. But I don't know if the sold numbers justify any 3rd party developments.

Bernd

Roger that. I'm going to stock up on those parts likely to fail. Maybe I'm just a pollyanny, but don't want to be left in a lurch.

Archived