Gibson Brands Forums

The Thunderhorse

0mega

So finally after months of delay i have finally received my epiphone thunderhorse. I was super excited to see the package waiting at my door when i got home. Unfortunately i'm not going to keep this one. When i looked it over is saw three blemish marks on the paint of the guitar. Also scratches right below the last fret. I just called the company i ordered from, they are sending me a return label to send this one back to get a new one. First impressions though. It's light, lighter than i thought it was gonna be. Aside from the blemish marks the guitar looked really nice. I was honestly super disappointed with the "binding". It just looks painted on to the side of the guitar or least it seems like that to me. Also the phenolic finger board seems really prone to scratches and it is surprisingly shiny i thought there was pieces of plastic over the fret at first. Since i'm not planning to keep this one i havent played it. So i cant really say if it sounds good. As soon as I get the other one. Ill let you guys know.

upon further inspections the guitar had more blemishes. In the back it had it had some circle marks the kind you get after you get after playing your guitar for a while. it also had a couple of scratches too. i then looked on the side of guitar, there was a little dent on the flat side near the neck. also some of the "binding" paint wasnt applied well in one spot. If the next one i get isn't up to my expectations i will just get my money back and see if i can some how find a Gibson version. The neck is very comfortable and the phenolic fingerboard is nice and slick but still seems like its very scratch sensitive and kinda of looks cheap as well. The pick ups are very nice though. My other guitar has active pick ups with split-coil as well and i actually kind preferred these over the emgs. also it has crazy neck dive if anyone wanted to know. just to update my post.

upon further inspections the guitar had more blemishes. In the back it had it had some circle marks the kind you get after you get after playing your guitar for a while. it also had a couple of scratches too. i then looked on the side of guitar, there was a little dent on the flat side near the neck. also some of the "binding" paint wasnt applied well in one spot. If the next one i get isn't up to my expectations i will just get my money back and see if i can some how find a Gibson version. The neck is very comfortable and the phenolic fingerboard is nice and slick but still seems like its very scratch sensitive and kinda of looks cheap as well. The pick ups are very nice though. My other guitar has active pick ups with split-coil as well and i actually kind preferred these over the emgs. also it has crazy neck dive if anyone wanted to know. just to update my post.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I had not heard about the neck dive issue with these models. Hopefully the other model being shipped to you will be much better!

• 2 weeks later...

Another update. So i have finally received my second guitar. the paint job is much better and everything is overall better. there was still a slight paint finish flaw near the middle volume knob. i was going to return it and get another. but i got a discount instead from the company i purchased it from. oh also one of the grover tuners slightly points inward. i got a budy who can fix that so im not too bothered by it. im just disappointed with the quality control of this guitar. plays pretty well though and sounds awesome. plus with all the discounts i got on the guitar. i paid about 488 for the guitar so im not too bummed about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived