Gibson Brands Forums

At The Drive In

STEVIL

I saw them a few times, the late 90s early 2000s line up, and the reformed band last year. About as near the 90s got to having a band as good as the MC5/The Stooges etc (Minus the playing ability sometimes lol!). Just wondered if there were any other fans here? Thought I'd post a few vids anyway lol! [smile] One of my favourite bands from that era I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_lXPrCpSVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBUtkPrANRs

Relationship Of Command is one of my all time favorite albums.

I'll go along with that, it's definitely in my top 5. I'm not keen on the offshoot bands that followed though, but if I had to pick it would be Sparta, I really couldn't stand The Mars Volta tbh. I really love the rawness of their performances too, I really love this one from Jools Holland's Later show around 2000, introduced by Zane Lowe. Robbie Williams face is a picture [laugh] :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JpzZLcm6_s

I was 16-17 years old when Relationship of Command came out and I remember thinking to myself that this is the direction music is heading. My style of writing was heavily influenced by bands like them, Sunny Day Real Estate, Thursday etc.

That being said I have not heard this album in quite some time. Thanks for providing me with time to reminisce about the good ol' days. :)

I was 16-17 years old when Relationship of Command came out and I remember thinking to myself that this is the direction music is heading. My style of writing was heavily influenced by bands like them, Sunny Day Real Estate, Thursday etc.

That being said I have not heard this album in quite some time. Thanks for providing me with time to reminisce about the good ol' days. :)

You're welcome my friend! [thumbup]

Yes, I am a huge fan. Not so much the stuff before Relationship of Command; just that album. From start to finish it is a master piece of guitar and noise insanity. Every song is killer.

Although I like what I have heard from the spinoff bands like Mars Volta, Sparta, and Bosnian Rainbows, I don't own any. Need to fix that soon.

Well, I suppose I should be all pipe and slippers at 48 yrs old [laugh] , everyone says I should anyway, but as I started out liking Punk music, and later discovered it's roots ie. MC5, The Stooges, New York Dolls etc,etc...Everything else was just a natural progression as far as following that musical path. Although I have to say that I've latched onto other forms of music along the way, I try to keep my tastes as eclectic as humanly possible, I actually cherry pick what I like these days though.

I have to say that I look out for anything of similar ilk as ATDI, every so often there is a band that comes along that looks like they are out to burn everything - ATDI imo blew out probably at the right time, and didn't end up as some sad Cobain/Vicious (add your own) cliche. They made 3 excellent albums, and less than a handful of EPs and split. I can only imagine last years re-union being to end it all on a good note, rather than the previous split.

Archived