Gibson Brands Forums

Signature Model: Steve Clark

RockNRoll89

Steve Clark wont get a sig. for two simple reasons, 1., he's been dead for 20 years, 2., his popularity was at its height 20 plus years ago. The vast majority of guitar players today are gonna be like "Steve who?". Yes I know Randy Rhoads has been dead longer, and has a sig., but quite frankly I dont get why he got one either, for only 2 albums? Ok, just my thoughts.

My first intention was to say something really rude.

I counted to ten first.

Bence

I mean no disrespect, I guess what I'm saying is that most of the guitar buying public probly doesnt know who Steve is, being too young to know who Steve was, so the buying market would be too small for Gibson to make money for so low a market.

I don't think too young would be an issue with Gibson........

Unless they made it a $1000 model, it's probably for the most part not going to be kids buying it.

Tom Scholz, Elliot Easton, Nancy Wilson, Angus Young, etc all have sig models and they were all out before Clark was.

I think it's more the people my age (44) who would be buyers.

NHTom

• 1 year later...
Guest Farnsbarns

I'm interested in this topic although I have no interest in this chap. My interest is, how many of the people who are in favour have 5k+ burning a hole in their pocket to buy one of these?

The reason I'm wondering is that Gibson haven't done it and that's presumably because they think there's more prifit in other endeavors despite an apparent demand.

The other thing, of course, is that they'd need permission from the estate. Perhaps that isn't forthcoming

I'm not saying I would buy it. But I think it would be cool if Gibson made one. It seems they've made signature models of lesser players.

I like Steve and that early Def Lep stuff from On Through The Night and High And Dry.

Archived