Gibson Brands Forums

Inresting Map

surfpup

Apparently Europeans and Russians are pretty much drunk all the time! [biggrin]

2453_2main.gif

Meaningless chart without other info..is this daily, weekly , monthly, yearly or hourly consumption...sorry I'm a bit drunk [biggrin]

If that's units per Day then I'm pretty representative.

I'm surprised they don't have an even darker shade of red for Scotland, though.

P.

Scots too cheap to drink more than you guys.

rct

there should be a tiny bright red spot where Central Massachusetts would be...

I'd like to see a USA specific chart. I've had coastal visitors who have said it seemed like all we do here in the Midwest is eat and drink!

Is that a bad thing?

Oops, you're addressing a Scot.

Hah!

Lived in Bermuda for a few years in the mid 80's. Worked with all 4, Brits, Irish, Scots, Welsh. To this day some of the finest laughs I ever had, I still remember some of the jokes and would love to have a Tanners Jack or a Tennants with you guys and tell them jokes. Getting all 4 of them in Swizzle or Rum Runners or Forty Thieves Club was a guaranteed hoot, maybe even a fight or three.

I miss them days. Oh, badass guitar players each and every one of them guys, no matter which part they came from.

So I guess I have to fix it to make it funny for Pippy:

Scots too busy buying for the Welshmen.

rct

Guest Farnsbarns

Hah!

Lived in Bermuda for a few years in the mid 80's. Worked with all 4, Brits, Irish, Scots, Welsh. To this day some of the finest laughs I ever had, I still remember some of the jokes and would love to have a Tanners Jack or a Tennants with you guys and tell them jokes. Getting all 4 of them in Swizzle or Rum Runners or Forty Thieves Club was a guaranteed hoot, maybe even a fight or three.

I miss them days. Oh, badass guitar players each and every one of them guys, no matter which part they came from.

So I guess I have to fix it to make it funny for Pippy:

Scots too busy buying for the Welshmen.

rct

Ha ha, you're not doing much for diplomatic relations here ;)

Irish (northern), Welsh, Scots and English are all British. Together we make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

I was once watching a documentary about some American holiday resort employees who were specially trained in British customs. One was asked by a British holiday maker, "what four countries make up the UK?" The answer given was, "England, Ireland, Italy and Europe". Oh how we laughed.

Ha ha, you're not doing much for diplomatic relations here ;)

Irish (northern), Welsh, Scots and English are all British. Together we make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

I was once watching a documentary about some American holiday resort employees who were specially trained in British customs. One was asked by a British holiday maker, "what four countries make up the UK?" The answer given was, "England, Ireland, Italy and Europe". Oh how we laughed.

I know.

The funny part about it is how gracious, how generous, how giving all four of your ilk are, especially to a couple young kids from Amerikur and how bitterly, biting, unmercifully funny they were with each other, particularly whilst deciding(arguing) who is the...frugalist of the four.

Coming up on thirty years ago, still exchange letters with a couple of them, but they aren't in the UK for a long time now.

Back then I was young and fine, I even know the accents after just a couple words. Hamilton was full of Euros at any given moment, and I could tell Geoff where that fat git was from or that one, and usually had it right after a while.

Of course, to me, they were all bobbies, right? After a few beers one of them guys would usually swing at you if you assumed a Brit a bobby. Or guards the big castle hotel with the big hat on.

Good times. Man they were some good times. Kickass guitar players, White Heron Inn every Sunday afternoon.

rct

Archived