Gibson Brands Forums

Set-Necks

Riptide

I have a 2003 Fender Custom Esquire GT MIK that has a set neck with rosewood fret board and jumbo frets. It reminds me of my 1969 SG Standard that i use to own. Wish I still had that. So yes, a set neck would work on a Tele.

Yeah it would work... Im trying it myself soon :)

I think a bolt on neck is more to do with cost than anything.. Getting a mortise and tennon joint just right for a glue in neck is a bit more work I reckon.

TeleAcBack_zpsc56d0d32.jpg

SetneckTeleBack_zpsb73c6159.jpg

I like the bolt on of a Fender myself.

It gives it a unique sound I always thought you need a Les Paul and a Stratocaster to be complete.

Thats why I have 2 of each

I agree that it gives it a different sound. And if I wanted a Strat or Tele sound I would go for a bolt-on but I'm going for a Junior sound with a Tele shape. :)

I like the bolt on of a Fender myself.

It gives it a unique sound I always thought you need a Les Paul and a Stratocaster to be complete.

Thats why I have 2 of each

10536_3119744609306_703387468_n.jpg

557867_3005412751081_135902534_n.jpg

Yall are making me want to buy a Stratocaster. I really want an Olympic White Stratocaster like this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-american-standard-stratocaster-electric-guitar-with-maple-fingerboard/h80805000005001

Don't do it. Walk away. Fender makes so many nicer, less pedestrian guitars. Might look at those.

Strats have served many many guitar players well for a very long time. In my opinion, and only my opinion, a real guitar player has a strat in the house somewhere. Maybe behind the Tele and Les Paul and a few others I can think of, but still, you know what I mean.

Unless yer kidding, in which case so am I!

rct

Archived