Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul 2013 studio or standard

33Freddy33

Haha, yeah. Finally starting to walk again. GIBSON LES PAUL HERE I COME. Thanks for all the help lately with the guitars. Much appreciated and thank you so much.

Nice to hear you are back on two feet again. My best wishes for reaching your full power for steadily walking on. And as for the Gibson Les Paul, much luck for finding the one with your name on it.

post-56930-039742400 1377392027_thumb.jpgYeah thanks, it is taking a bit of time to walk properly again but hopefully it shouldn't take to long to be back to normal. And yeah I am thinking of the studio because the bindings does not really bother me. Just looking for an upgrade from my ashton. Maybe in the future i might upgrade to a standard but for now the studio is fine with me.

The les Paul studio vintage sunburst is one I really love so I will save for it. Once again thank you all for all the help.

post-56930-039742400 1377392027_thumb.jpgYeah thanks, it is taking a bit of time to walk properly again but hopefully it shouldn't take to long to be back to normal. And yeah I am thinking of the studio because the bindings does not really bother me. Just looking for an upgrade from my ashton. Maybe in the future i might upgrade to a standard but for now the studio is fine with me.

The les Paul studio vintage sunburst is one I really love so I will save for it. Once again thank you all for all the help.

Looks nice, and seems to feature E-Tune as far as I see from the linked picture?

Yes it does. Really the E-tune dozens bother me when playing guitar. I have seen some gibsons with them and really I think it makes the back of the headstock a bit more chunky. I'm happy with it off.

I don't own an E-Tune guitar up to now, but my only concern would be neck-heaviness I think. Since I only use the standard tuning, at least since 33 years up to now, I just went with TP-6 fine tuning tailpieces on eight of my hardtail Gibsons as an extra. I left alone my Gibson CS Std with nickel hardware and aluminum tailpiece as the TP-6 is provided neither in aluminum nor nickel-plated, and my Epiphone LP Tribute for its unmatching threads and its nickel platings.

By the way, my preferred recipe against neck-heaviness are Levy's MSS3 leather straps.

• 1 month later...

Well I was even thinking getting a epiphone les paul and upgrade the pickups and maybe the pots. Because that might save me some cash. Because it is taking a long time to save up. And I can still get the les Paul look and the sound. But are epiphones really that bad??? This is what I was also looking at then changing the pickups to ones that a gibson LP would have. Or would it be a bad choice to get a epiphone??

post-56930-006087400 1381660688_thumb.jpg

Archived