Gibson Brands Forums

New LP Day (Wildwood Guitars)

MikeyG

I will be getting my first Les Paul tomorrow....I ordered a 2013 LP Standard Plus Gold Top from Wildwood Guitars. I can't say enough about how awesome these people are to work with. I would go to Wildwood any day of the week and twice on Sundays!

this will be my 3rd guitar from them without playing it first....they hand select based on how you describe your ideal guitar.

I probably wont be able to sleep tonight...work will be pointless tomorrow.

Congrats on your new purchase and getting it through Wildwood too! [thumbup] I've dealt through them four times as of now and can't say anything bad about any of my purchases. Absolutely Fantastic sales Rep. and I can negociate great deals with them. Just wish they would get some new Lefties in, like a 2013 LP Trad. in LB, that would be very tempting. Enjoy your new Goldie, Nice Catch!

Here she is! I am pretty proud of it....except for a couple of QC issues:

1. the trapeziod inlays in the 9th and 12th frets are starting to pull away from fret board...easy fix

2. the volume knobs have a little slop when turning...less than 1/16th of an inch...but very noticible.

I've sent a note to Wildwood and I'm sure they'll take care of it.

post-44739-077537800 1373559280_thumb.jpg

I caught the '50s LP bug last year, bad. Went to Wildwood a few days after Christmas, and actually got to speak to the owner. His setup guy happened to stop in while I was there too, and he corrected a truss rod issue I was having with my Smartwood LP. For free. While I stood there. Absolutely spectacular customer experience.

Then I started playing some Wildwood custom reissue LP models. Huge mistake. Those things were all incredible, every one I played. It ruined me for any lesser LPs forever. I thought I had a couple of decent LPs, but they really aren't even in the same universe as those Wildwood customs. And since I played one of mine back to back with a couple of theirs, I know it wasn't the amp, my ears, etc., etc.

It's just another example of you get what you pay for. I'm still trying to figure out how to come up with enough money to buy a Wildwood custom R9.

Congrats on your new Gold Top Standard 2013! [thumbup]

To my experiences with three Gibson LPs, one Epiphone LP and two EB basses featuring up to four push/pull pots each, they feel different and show a certain backlash due to their design and make. This appears to be normal.

Archived