Gibson Brands Forums

Cam-corder sound quality

RaysEpiphone

The other day a booking agent asked me for a promo with short clips of my Solo Acoustic Act so I made this last night. I've gotten good result's with the sound from this low-cost Sony Handicam of mine before but I believe this is the best audio I've got from it yet. Just a 9-band graphic EQ and a splash of reverb from IMovie 5's built-in tools and I got this sound, I just wish the video was a higher resolution.

Any one else have good luck with raw camera sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvR1Bgg4Fx0

The audio from my camera is pretty darn good. It's a Sony. I tend to think that using the audio from the video camera is fine for promotional purposes, as long as you don't have anything better. I think when people listen to it they automatically correct for the any audio shortcomings.

Also I have a Sony that has great sound..

The only thing I DONT like is it has some kind of auto sound volume to stop it from overloading.. Which actually makes it great for recording sound at gigs.. BUT if im say testing a guitar and turn it up to show the sound levels, the camera will just make it all the same level which can be annoying... Id say theres a bit of flatness in the bass end but apart from that its pretty good.

like this was take with that same camera.. sound ok for what it is

and this was also shot with the same cam

Also I have a Sony that has great sound..

The only thing I DONT like is it has some kind of auto sound volume to stop it from overloading.. Which actually makes it great for recording sound at gigs.. BUT if im say testing a guitar and turn it up to show the sound levels, the camera will just make it all the same level which can be annoying... Id say theres a but of flatness in the bass end but apart from that its pretty good.

Oh come on Rabs,, we don't care about shows you have seen,, show us your chops man. We wanna see Rabs play ;)

hehe..

Oh come on Rabs,, we don't care about shows you have seen,, show us your chops man. We wanna see Rabs play ;)

hehe..

To answer both your questions... heres me with my last purchase and a vid from last year.. Even though id say that my "chops" are more like burgers that youd get at a sports game at the moment :P im very out of practice with all my building.. PLUS its seems when ever I get in front of a camera my mind goes totally blank and I never work out what im going to play so just whatever comes to mind just comes out lol...

So yes, both of these were recorded with that same camera

Move to 3.49 for distorted sound

Sounded awesome until you hit the distortion bro! Just saying.

What can I say... I like it loud and heavy :D

That top vid was me testing for the natural reverb in that building that used to belong to my family.. I had always wanted to play in that building (a 150 year old church)... Also my amp is small and basic its just a small solid state. One day I will get a really nice amp and some creamier tones.

Archived