Gibson Brands Forums

Wine Red Les Paul?

mikeydb28

Hey guys, I am just getting ready to buy my first Les Paul... I saw Joe Don Rooney of Rascal Flatts playing this Wine Red Les Paul and I fell in love with it... Anybody know what type of Les Paul it is though? Like the make and if they are still available? I have included a picture and I have a video link of the guitar in use, Thanks to anyone who can contribute! I appreciate it :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RV6xrhSBJg‎

mikeyd

post-58087-014491200 1373488261_thumb.png

When i picked up my LP Studio back in '06 I had every intention of getting one in Wine Red but when I tried out all of the studios (and other LP models) I found the Alpine White one sounded and felt the best. I don't regret not getting the Wine Red guitar, however I wish the Wine Red sounded the best.

On the plus side, the white color is wearing and fading into a more ivory color so I'm getting happier with the color. At first it was a little too bright. :)

I understand your appreciation for a wine red LP, it's my favorite finish too!!!

As deeman pointed out, playability matters. It's got to feel right in your hands and your playing style, or you're not going to be really happy.

I feel very lucky to have found a LP that was both wine red and felt like it was built just for me when I play it. Yours is out there too, you just have to look and have patience to find it.

IMG_1048_zps7a936d0c.jpg

Hey guys, I am just getting ready to buy my first Les Paul... I saw Joe Don Rooney of Rascal Flatts playing this Wine Red Les Paul and I fell in love with it... Anybody know what type of Les Paul it is though? Like the make and if they are still available? I have included a picture and I have a video link of the guitar in use, Thanks to anyone who can contribute! I appreciate it :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RV6xrhSBJg‎

mikeyd

IMHO vine red is a currently popular colour for Les Pauls. There are various vine red Les Pauls, for every taste and every budget. There are Studio's, Signature T's, LPJ's, 50's, 60's, 70's, Future Tribute's, Custom's, Axcess's, Special's....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search.jsp?sB=r&Ntt=gibson+les+paul+vine+red

1373579370[/url]' post='1398111']

I understand your appreciation for a wine red LP, it's my favorite finish too!!!

As deeman pointed out, playability matters. It's got to feel right in your hands and your playing style, or you're not going to be really happy.

I feel very lucky to have found a LP that was both wine red and felt like it was built just for me when I play it. Yours is out there too, you just have to look and have patience to find it.

IMG_1048_zps7a936d0c.jpg

Man, that is one damn good looking guitar. I'm extremely jealous and must congratulate you to have found your true match!

Man, that is one damn good looking guitar. I'm extremely jealous and must congratulate you to have found your true match!

Thanks!!! I know it's subjective, but it's nice when you find a guitar that plays as good as it looks. [thumbup]

Archived