Gibson Brands Forums

NGD ES-355

crust

Great finish. These always look best in natural light.

The original promo photos looked washed out.

Yours has a great Pelham color.

Thanks.

mgrasso, you certainly do have some fine Epiphones yourself. [thumbup]

With the NGD's and "show us your Epiphones", this forum certainly does have some fine guitar pic's recently.

So do I!!! [biggrin]

How do you like the bigsby? I love bigsbys on my semi hollows but have never had the epi bigsby.

I dig whammy bars. I'd say, this one works... not much else to say (now, go whack your whammy) :) :o :lol: [smile][biggrin] .

I went to see the Epiphone es-355 today. They had 2 come in but had sold 1 over the weekend.

I wanted to really like it but sadly I didn't feel it t all. It looked stunning in the flesh, the colour is beautiful. The bigsby felt a bit stiff but seemed to stay in tune ok. I felt very disappointed really. I think I was comparing it to my old matsumoku riviera which has had 25+ years playing on it!

I also had a go on a '62 reissue Sorrento, which was very nice too. Amazing finish and build quality on both guitars. But today the Sorrento spoke to me more, on sale at £476 with case etc too! Quite tempted....

I went to see the Epiphone es-355 today. They had 2 come in but had sold 1 over the weekend.

I wanted to really like it but sadly I didn't feel it t all. It looked stunning in the flesh, the colour is beautiful. The bigsby felt a bit stiff but seemed to stay in tune ok. I felt very disappointed really. I think I was comparing it to my old matsumoku riviera which has had 25+ years playing on it!

I also had a go on a '62 reissue Sorrento, which was very nice too. Amazing finish and build quality on both guitars. But today the Sorrento spoke to me more, on sale at £476 with case etc too! Quite tempted....

Yes, I felt the strings and Bigsby felt a little "stiff" too, maybe just a sign of "newness" or just a well built guitar. I haven't changed out the strings yet. I'm hoping that a string change, and constant playing [smile] will smooth it out a little. Now I want a Sorrento...I'll never save enough to get that new (insert model)Gibson. Too many great Epiphones... lol. [laugh]

Well, after playing it for about 6 or 7 hours, I broke the B string on it. Not bad, that's about the average time the higher register strings last (for me), I do a lot of bending when I play. I think I'm going to add a roller bridge like I did on the P93.

Archived