Gibson Brands Forums

Tin Machine - "Under The God "

Searcy

Man, Searcy, your music posts always impress me. And I enjoy them too. No offense to anyone, but a lot of music that gets posted here is square.

Reeves is a very cool guitar player.

And very inventive. Just what someone like Bowie needs.

I saw Reeves Gabrels do a demo/clinic thingie at a guitar show once, and he was very entertaining. He focused on the guitar's noise making capabilities and began by pulling a battery powered dildo out of his pocket and assaulting his Parker Fly. There were some crazy sounds coming out of that guitar! [biggrin]

Bowie always has top guitar players in his band. As a kid I didn't like Bowie much till he did Tim Machine. This turned my on to his work and I grew to appreciate his other efforts. Now I have to say I'm a huge Bowie geek. I mean, I can;t tell you his birthday or anything but if he's on the radio I won't turn it off.

EVOL.. I post plenty of square stuff too. I like to cover all the bases but... if there is a point to my posting these things it's to get people to listen to something they might not have heard before of re listen to something they forgot about. You won't like all of it but if you like one every once in a while I'll feel like I did my part.

Archived