Gibson Brands Forums

OUT OF PRODUCTION

JuanCarlosVejar

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ehh ..J-60 Bonecrusher? wasn´t the AJ called so? just thinking :>

You're correct. Perhaps Hogeye will chime in and tell the whole story on the background of the "bonecrusher". Until then, the short answer is that the AJ is the true "bonecrusher". Gary Burnett started calling his AJ the bonecrusher because it was louder than the Martin D28 Herringbone (HD28) that he had been using.

When Gibson introduced the J60, the Gibson marketing team wrongly referred to the J60 as the bonecrusher because they were unaware of the past history. The mistake was never corrected and that's why we have the confusion today. Anyone who is aware of the past history knows that the AJ is the one and only true "bonecrusher".

You're correct. Perhaps Hogeye will chime in and tell the whole story on the background of the "bonecrusher". Until then, the short answer is that the AJ is the true "bonecrusher". Gary Burnett started calling his AJ the bonecrusher because it was louder than the Martin D28 Herringbone (HD28) that he had been using.

When Gibson introduced the J60, the Gibson marketing team wrongly referred to the J60 as the bonecrusher because they were unaware of the past history. The mistake was never corrected and that's why we have the confusion today. Anyone who is aware of the past history knows that the AJ is the one and only true "bonecrusher".

JC & guitarstrummer,

Thanks for the injection of bonecrusher reality here.

I have been watching this thread, and I guess it's time that I chime in. At the beginning of the year, The corporate guys in Nashville decided to slim down the core Montana production and bring in some "limited edition guitar of the month" specials. Some of this was to make the Montana line more streamlined and profitable. Some of it was to make good offerings that they couldn't before. Some of it had other reasons I am sure. Here is the complete list of current CORE offerings from Gibson Montana (I have included MAP price to help out):

J35 Standard 1699

J45 Standard 2199

J45 Cobraburst 2349

J45 Custom 2799

J45 True Vintage 3499

Songwriter Deluxe Studio 2499

Songwriter Deluxe Studio EC 2599

1941 SJ-100 2999

Hummingbird Standard 3099

J200 Standard Antique Natural 3799

J200 Standard Vintage Sunburst 3799

1934 Jumbo Flattop Reissue 5999

1935 Advanced Jumbo 6999

LG-2 American Eagle 1899

Keb Mo Blues Master 2499

1928 L-1 Blues Tribute 3299

1932 L-00 Reissue 4999

That is all for Standard Production. Everything else will be limited and intended to be built in one specific month.

There are still some left-overs at dealers and maybe even the factory for some of the limited models from months earlier this year. I won't go into those now because it is too much to type and they may not all be available. Check with your favorite dealer and see what they have. I may add that list later on. Right now I am trying to focus on what is definitely available. Special monthly guitar orders are taken from dealers in the month prior to release, or the month of release. I don't want to let any cats out of any bags, so I will only list the guitars scheduled for this month and next month. (August and September). After the MAP price, I have noted how many production will be limited to.

August:

J45 Goldtop Custom 3049 50

Sj-200 Mystic Rosewood 5049 20

Septemeber:

J45 Pelham Blue 2699 75

LG-2 Americana Vintage Sunburst 2699 75

Sheryl Crow Southern Jumbo Custom 3349 50

L200 Emmy Lou Spcl ED. An Natural 3049 50

Advanced Jumbo 2699 75

Classic Dove 3349 50

J200 Custom Koa 5049 20

These limited models are only available to 5-Star dealers.

Obviously there could also be some of the older core production models floating around dealers too.

I hope this clears things up!

-Keith

Keith ,

thank you =) for the info .

do you know if any of those limited editions will be available left handed ? I'm particularly wanting an L 200 Emmylou Harris .

thanks for being such a top notch guy too ... we are very fond of you here at the forum !

JC

Thanks for the info, Keith

I like the new plan of attack... not that im gonna have the funds to add any of these but this is already kind of what was happening when I bought my J 45 custom shop reissue this year looks like they were starting to do some of this I was told they made about 50 from Don R. amd MAP was a tad over 3k

i hope that many of you grab some of these special runs and post pics I love looking at and hearing them

Keith ,

thank you =) for the info .

do you know if any of those limited editions will be available left handed ? I'm particularly wanting an L 200 Emmylou Harris .

thanks for being such a top notch guy too ... we are very fond of you here at the forum !

JC

none of these will be available lefty. there will be a couple of things for you though.

Dang, I'm glad I got my Dove in 2011 then. Also, will they be doing custom stuff that the dealers like a Fuller would request, e.g. 1962 J160E? So the Hummingbird TV & SJ are outsold by the Song Writer. I almost never see anyone posting about getting one of the S. Writers so that seems odd. They must be selling however.

Thanks for the info

Aster

Keith, is your information recent, since Dennis left, or prior to July 31st?

Recent. I am a dealer. We placed orders based on these lists AFTER talking about the departure of Dennis. That's not to say Gibson can't change their mind on Monday morning, but this current.

Dang, I'm glad I got my Dove in 2011 then. Also, will they be doing custom stuff that the dealers like a Fuller would request, e.g. 1962 J160E? So the Hummingbird TV & SJ are outsold by the Song Writer. I almost never see anyone posting about getting one of the S. Writers so that seems odd. They must be selling however.

Thanks for the info

Aster

Custom orders are on hold right now. And they lots of Songwriters. They just aren't usually the type to hang on forums and talk about classic Gibsons.

Recent. I am a dealer. We placed orders based on these lists AFTER talking about the departure of Dennis. That's not to say Gibson can't change their mind on Monday morning, but this current.

Thanks Keith. I knew you worked for a dealer but didn't know if your information was coming off a past list or if you had recent information within the past four days. Good to hear that Gibson is continuing on their charted course.

Thanks Keith. I knew you worked for a dealer but didn't know if your information was coming off a past list or if you had recent information within the past four days. Good to hear that Gibson is continuing on their charted course.

It has been a busy week, so I may be slightly mixed up on my days, but I had the conversation this past week. I believe it was July 30th. The announcement may not have been public yet, but we all had known about it for a while. We talked about that situation, how it would affect things, and then went over this. so, while it didn't happen after that date, it happened after those chips had already fallen. Like I said, you never know what will happen tomorrow!

I have some time on my hands tonight, so I guess I will go ahead and post the list of special monthly guitars from earlier this year. As I mentioned, some are still hanging in shops and Gibson may still have some. If you are interested, contact your favorite dealer.

This list starts in March b/c that when they started with this plan. July didn't have special runs.

I will follow the same style as before: model, MAP, amount made

March:

J45 Standard Wine Red 2699 50

J45 Standard Lefty VS 2699 50

60s J45 Ebony 2699 50

J-45 Custom, Special PH & Top Trim, Bound PH, Amberburst 2999 50

Songwriter Deluxe Studio 12-string 2999 50

Hummingbird Standard Wine Red 3299 50

SJ200 Standard Wine Red, Baggs Element 3999 40

SJ200 Art Deco 4999 20

April:

Southern Jumbo Standard 2699 50

J-45 Adirondack Red Spruce, Sunset Burst top. Gold Open Back Tuners 2699 50

1960's J-45 Heritage Cherry Sunburst 2699 50

J60, Baggs PU 2999 50

J-185 EC Mahogany 2999 50

Hummingbird w/ maple back/sides 3299 50

Advanced Jumbo, Red Spruce 3299 50

Jackson Browne Model 1 3999 40

SJ200 True Vintage 4999 20

May:

L-1 Robert Johnson 2699 50

50s J45 Triburst 2699 50

60's style Hummingbird Vintage Cherry 2999 50

J45 Custom, Mystic Rosewood 2999 50

Songwriter Deluxe Custom EC, Natural 3299 50

Hummingbird Standard Lefty 3299 50

SJ-200 Standard Trans-Black stain, Gold Hardware, Baggs Element 3999 40

Doves in Flight 4999 20

June:

J45 Standard Lefty VS 2699 50

J45 Standard Vintage Cherry 2699 50

Hummingbird Koa back/ sides 3299 50

1942 Banner J45 (the JT guitar) 3299 50

SJ200 Western Classic 3999 20

SJ200 Bob Dylan Inspired 4999 50

Well there it is folks! Between this and the last list, you should have it all. I am sure some others have trickled out here and there as they completed some previously ordered custom builds, and things may change.... but you have it all now.

-Keith

I think that was a link never meant to be found. Probably one they were prepping and never went with. Some of those guitars ended up as "guitar of the month" specials.

Keith actually the link has existed for years ! but only recently have they added the 2013 models .

JC

Archived